Mr. BAYOU

[Season 1; Episode 19]

"Good morning little witch." Gabriel greets the teenager as she walks into the apartment kitchen.

Davina sends him a soft smile in return and meekly greets Hayley, whom was sitting on a barstool at the counter with a large blanket adorning her shoulders. Hayley raises her mug of orange juice as a 'hello.'

Although they were the two most important people to Gabriel at the moment, thus making them care about the other to a certain degree, they had never really had the time to bond or converse.

"Here, sit down. I made you some breakfast." Gabriel says as he sets a plate of eggs and toast in front of the girls. "I know given what happened last night there is going to be a lot more anger and schemes going around the French quarter than usual, so if you plan on going anywhere today please inform me so that I know your safe. Those pathetic witches are up to something, I can feel it. If they touch you I swear-"

Davina clears her throat after sharing an amused glance with Hayley, interrupting his slightly overprotective dad role he had fit himself right into. "Actually... I was planning on staying home today. So that I could catch up on school work. You know, since I am joining pretty late into the school year the teachers sent me over some study guides and homework sheets."

Gabriel momentarily pauses his actions of opening his own laptop. Blinking, he nods. "School work, right."

After plopping a spoonful of eggs and relishing in the normal meal Davina looks towards him questionably. "What are you always doing on your computer? When you're not stopping Klaus' schemes, Elijah from making an ever bigger mess of said schemes, or just out and about you're on the computer."

"Oh! He owns businesses around the world apparently. He manages them through the phone or his computer." Hayley answers, making an effort to have some kind of conversation with Davina, which Gabriel notices.

"Yes, each business already has their own fake CEO or manager, so all I have to do is check the weekly or monthly reports to make sure everything's going accordingly." Gabriel further explains.

Davina nods her head as she finishes up her plate, placing it in the dishwasher. "Alright, I'd love to hear more about these us, businesses, but I'm gonna start my schoolwork now. Thanks for the breakfast." She smiles before leaving the room.

Gabriel watches the teen go and closes his laptop. "Did I already bore her?" He chuckles.

"She is a teenage girl who's getting the chance to be a teenager for the first time in her life. Booz and boys may not be on her mind yet, but the works of a business most definitely isn't." Hayley joins in his laughter.

Standing from his seat he crosses around the table to stand in-front of the pregnant wolf. She looks up to return his small smile and it continues to grow as he leans down to give her a chaste kiss. "mhm." He groans as she lifts her hands to yank at his hair. Pulling away he sighs when he sees her cheeky grin. "Don't tease me so early in the day woman."