Chapter 3: Names

"So how do Elf pregnancies work?" Jill asked in wonder. It was early in the morning and it had been a few days since Ashera started working. She was loved by the village and most visited the tavern just to see her. It truly was a lovely village, and when they all found out about her pregnancy, everyone was careful with her, despite her reassuring them that she was fine.

"It's not that big of a village, so everyone in the village knows each other. We're a big family and you're a part of it now." Jill told her once and Ashera was almost struck with tears when she heard her say that. She had become quiet emotional for the past few days.

Ashera looked at her flat stomach.

Jill was quite shy about asking the question.

"In five months, I'll be giving birth."

"Woah, not nine months?"

Ashera shakes her head. "Nope. And, Elves can feel their baby's presence in their womb. It's like a ball of light and you can feel it's warmth. I can also tell what my baby's gender is."

"Oh, is it a boy or a girl?"

"A boy."

"Ah! I'm so excited to meet them! When will you start showing?"

"In the next three weeks, my stomach will probably start showing a small bump."

"Have you thought of a name yet?"

"I have thought of many names, but it's hard to pick one."

"Can I help?"

"Of course you can."

"Let's see!"

The two began to brainstorm a number of names for Ashera's baby. Jill was quite excited and listed down many names on a notebook. Now Ashera even had a harder time of picking a name for her little one. Caught up in their brainstorming festival, they didn't realize that there was man behind them. "Excuse me, what are the two of you doing?"

"Oh, hey boss!" Jill greeted Royce.

"Good morning, Boss." Ashera follows.

"Good morning, you two. Now what are you two doing?"

"We're thinking of names for Ash's baby!"

"Names, huh..."

Jill nods. "Hey boss, did you know that Elves can feel their baby in their tummy? Apparently they're like a ball of light! And they can also tell if their baby is a boy or girl! Ash's baby is a boy."

Ashera nods at the both of them with a smile. She stares at Royce quietly. She's never really talked to Royce. It was usually just greetings. Royce had this aura that made him unapproachable, but it didn't really scare Ashera. In fact, that wasn't Ashera's problem. It's more...What the conversation topic would be.

Royce is aloof, very distant. So it was kind of difficult getting to know him.

"Explain this ball of light." Royce suddenly asked.

Ashera was taken a back, but answered. "I feel warmth in my womb. It's the presence of the baby and there's a light shaped like a ball to protect the child from the outside. Right now, it's a bit small because I'm still in the early stages of pregnancies, but it will gradually become bigger and bigger."

"Lucius." Royce said suddenly.

"Pardon?" Ashera asked again.

Royce answers. "That is my suggestion. Lucius. It means light."

"Lucius..." Ashera mutters.

"Lucius! That's a wonderful name! It fits the baby so perfectly! Did you choose it because of the ball of light thing, Boss?"

Royce nods. "Not just that, but Ash mentions that the child is the light of her life from time to time."

He remembers that? Ashera was a bit surprised.

"That's perfect, what do you think, Ash?"

Ashera smiles. "It's the perfect name. Thank you, Royce."

"It's nothing."

"Uh boss, it's not nothing! You just gave a child's name! The first gift!"

Ashera bows her head. "Thank you for giving Lucius' first gift, boss."

Royce turns around and waves his hand. "It's not a problem. Go back to work you two."

Ashera laughs.

Royce truly was mysterious.

~~~~~~

And....Royce names the baby bun! Yay! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It honestly took me a while to figure out what kind of name the baby should have and this was perfect. I searched and did even more searching about his name, and voila, Lucius appeared and it sounded to perfect for the baby! I hope you guys like it too!