Wrath Chapter 3: Action

Subaru was sent back to when he was chatting with Reinhard, having noticed that the place he is in was the Sword Saint's wagon. This caused him to think for a few seconds before looking at Reinhard, having noticed him say,

"There is no need for that, Subaru." Reinhard said as he looked as his friend with concern etched on his brows.

"...hm." Muttered Subaru as he looked around and orientated himself quickly.

'So this is where the checkpoint is.' Thought the looper, as he processed the information and planned his next options with the new variables of data.

"I hope that you can understand Subaru." Asked Reinhard as he was growing increasingly concerned at his old friend's erratic behavior.

"What if I can give you information on what you guys will be dealing with? Can I help out if I give you this information?" Proclaimed the boy with a resolute gaze at wronging the evils of this world.

"What do you mean, Subaru?" Inquired the sword saint as he tilted his head and tried to use his divine protection of empathy. Yet, all he read was determination from his friend which perplexed him, since this was never his fight to begin with.

Reinhard looked at his friend with a puzzled look, unsure on what Subaru is trying to say. Subaru himself realized that this probably wasn't the smartest thing to say. He let out a sigh before saying to Reinhard,

"Rein, I sort of know what devious machinations the Purge King has at his disposal. I also know who is working for him." Confessed Subaru as he didn't see the point of keeping this information to himself.

"Hm? How so?" Questioned the flame haired knight as he was starting to realize that his old friend hadn't merely been squandering his life away in sloth.

"I just...got the chance to figure things out, let's just leave it at that but first, do you know some guy name Cecilus or someone named Halibel?" Hesitantly asked Subaru as he tried to appear nonchalant, yet also worried that Reinhard would be able to see him distressed.

Reinhard took a pause at the question, wanting to answer Subaru's question to the best of his ability. After some time of thinking, he looked at his friend and responded in a calm manner:

"I'm aware of someone by the name Halibal, he is the Admirer of Kararagi if that is who you are referring to. As for Cecilus, I know him. We fought once. He was worthy of the Dragon Sword Reid to be unsheathed."

'So that's why those two are there. From what Wilhelm said and now Reinhard, this Natsuki Subaru recruited people that are capable of facing Reinhard. Hm. I got to hand it to you, bastard, you are pretty smart.'

Subaru thought this since he is puzzling things better in this loop, now having a slight advantage until he realized something, and continued his train of thought to one realization:

'You fucking prick. Hey Watcher asshole, I know you are listening.'

"Yes?" Breezily responded the anathema to all of Natsuki Subarus current problems.

'Why didn't you gave me Reinhard as my ally?! I can't do much with Frederica and Petra! No offense to them.'

Complained the half elf knight as his gaze took on a menacing expression.

"Do you really think that I can do something like that? I mean I can but..."

The watcher hesitated. He did not wish to reveal too much information, yet felt that the need to share certain tidbits was a necessary endeavor.