Chapter 11: The Truth

After instructing Jill, Royce returned upstairs to talk to Ashera. When Royce entered her room, she was sitting on the bed, hands politely gathered on her lap and her gaze on the wooden floor. Ashera looks up to him once he had entered and nodded.

Royce closes the door behind him. "I'm not pressuring you to talk or anything. You can start whenever you want and whichever part of the story."

"Thank you, boss." Ashera thanks, bowing her head. "You deserve to know the truth after helping me and my son."

Royce takes a seat on a wooden chair and nods at her.

"The truth is...Lucius is...The Elf Prince's son."

"..."

"I'll start from the beginning." Ashera takes a deep breath. "I...to the prince, I um..."

It was the original Ashera who loved the prince.

"The prince and I had a complicated relationship." Ashera continues. "One thing to note, I was part of his marriage candidates and I...Ashera, that's my real name...I did something horrible and I only realized the weight of my sin after the deed had been done."

"..."

"That's when I got pregnant with Lucius. Because of the sin I committed, the prince would surely execute me once he awoken. I did not want that to happen, I couldn't let him kill Lucius, so I ran away and found this village."

"Why didn't you tell him you were pregnant with his child?"

"I...He wouldn't believe me."

"..."

"Call me a coward for running away from the punishment I deserve, but I could not let that man kill my child. I don't care if I have to go to hell for what I have done as long as Lucius is spared. He is innocent, he doesn't deserve a mother like me."

Tears form on the corners of Ashera's eyes.

That's right...I'm the reason why this innocent child is doomed.

I took everything away from this child. His royal life where he can get good education and live luxuriously. Because I am this child's mother, I-

"Stop making that face." Ashera felt her cheeks being cupped gently, her face being lifted. Royce looks into her eyes with a gentle gaze. This is the first time Ashera had seen such a gentle and soft face coming from Royce.

"Don't hurt yourself like this." Royce said with a tender tone. "Whatever self-deprecating thoughts you are having now, it needs to stop. Because you are none of that."

"How did you..."

"Look at Lucius. He's smiling and laughing everyday, right?"

Ashera nods.

"He's happy, Ashera." Royce continues. "He's happy you're here. He's happy you're his mother."

"..."

"And that bright child, I don't think he will change his feelings for you even when he's older, because he loves you. And he'll understand you. When the time comes, you can decide whether or not you'll tell him the truth." Royce's hand makes its way to Ashera's own hand and squeezes it reassuringly. "And I'll be there for you both."

"Royce..." Ashera holds back a sob, her face already stained in tears.

"So focus on the present. Just focus on the now..." Royce says.

"You're not disgusted with me? Or-"

Royce stops her again. "How can I be disgusted of such a strong-willed and loving mother who just wants the best for her child?"

"..." Ashera sobs, covering her mouth as tears fall. Her heart ached as she clutched onto Royce's hand tightly. The two sat together silently, only the sounds of small sobs and sniffles could be heard in the room. There was no need to say anything else, they could already sense the feelings they needed to feel and the comforting silence and presence is all they need.

It is all they need for now.

Nothing else.

After a while, word spread that the elves have completely left the village. Royce was able to lift the transformation spell on Lucius and Ashera. Soon after the events in side of Ashera's room, Royce helps Ashera get rid of the tear stains on her face with a little bit of magic.

"Thank you, boss...for everything."

"Royce."

"Eh?"

"Royce. My name." Royce says, looking at Ashera expectantly.

"Indeed. That is your name."

"..."

"Boss?"

"Call me Royce."

"...I-I can't do that-"

"When we're alone or with Lucius, just call me Royce." Royce says. "Understood?"

"...Y-Yes?" Ashera was confused, but decides to go along with it. As long as it was in private, she guesses it was fine. But she wonders why Royce would want to be called by his name? She was his employee after all.

After that, they went downstairs together, Royce lifts the spell and the mother and son pair were finally reunited, and Jill had some questions.

"I'm so sorry for running off like that Jill, I promise I'll tell you everything after work."

"It's fine, what matters is that you're okay! Lucius too!"

"Thank you Jill."

Ashera felt a bit nervous telling Jill the entire story, but she deserved to know the truth as well. Jill had helped them just as much as Royce did and supported them. She is Lucius' big sister figure and an important part of their family.

So when night came and the two girls gathered in Ashera's room, while the boys were in Royce's office. Ashera slowly explained the truth to Jill and Ashera slightly internally panicked when there was no reaction from Jill at the end of the story.

Just pure shock on her face and nothing else.

"Jill?"

"WAHH!!!" Jill suddenly bursts into tears.

Ashera quickly closes their distance and tries to wipe Jill's tears. Her motherly instincts taking place in trying to calm Jill down. "You went through so much...You're so strong, Ash! I'm so glad I met you on that day, wahh!!"

"..." Ashera was momentarily shock, but smiles at the end and holds Jill in her arms. Ashera's heart is full of gratefulness and fondness for this girl, as well as to Royce of course. Jill cries in her arms, sobbing incoherent words.

"Thank you, Jill."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers!

Running Away with the Elf Prince's Baby has returned! Yay! I'm back and I'm ready to write it! I would like to apologize for my very late update and to all of you waiting for this book. I'll be honest and say I got busy with another story and as well as encountering many circumstances IRL and I couldn't get the chance to write this story. I would like to reassure everyone that I am not abandoning this story and everything has already been planned from start to finish.

Things have been looking up and I have more time to write nowadays.

Once again, I apologize and I thank everyone who takes the time to read this story of mine.

I would like to thank everyone for their patience with me and this book, and for all the support, comments, votes and views! I love you guys and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I'll see all of you in the next chapter~