Chapter 16: Lily

"Lily..."

"Lady Ashera, you're really here." Lily says, stepping forward.

Royce was carrying Lucius with one arm, his other hand hiding behind his back. The two elves couldn't see it, but a dark sphere was being formed. Royce's eyes follow Lily darkly. However one thing was noticed and that is Royce had put Lucius to sleep with a spell. The child did not need to witness tonight's events.

Silence washed the two elves, not knowing what to say exactly. Ashera thought that Lily would pull her hand and take her away, but there was hesitance in her eyes. It is so clear to see, Lily's trembling, stiff posture and lips parting and pressing. Why are you hesitating?

Why do you not look mad?

Why do you are you looking at me like that?

I hurt the man you love the most.

"Lady Ashera...Who..." Ashera couldn't blame Lily for looking at Lucius.

"Lily, that child..."

"I sense his highness's magic within him...Lady Ashera, did you and his highness..." Lily's face looked torn apart, but there was this emotion on her face that confused Ashera. She absolutely could not tell what was going on Lily's mind but at the same time, she could.

"Lily, please don't take him away." Ashera pleaded. "The child is innocent, he has done nothing wrong."

"..."

Lily took a deep breath and asked. "Lady Ashera, please tell me everything, I...need to know what happened...Between you and his highness...and the child..."

Ashera inhaled sharply and braced herself. From start to finish, Ashera told her tale to Lily. Ashera pleaded for Lucius' innocence in all of this. She also pleaded to not let Lucius be taken away and she feared leaving her child through death.

"...Lady Ashera, are you happy with this life?" Lily asks carefully, but Ashera only had one answer to this and it will never change no matter how much time passes.

"I am." Ashera says firmly, her gentle gaze reaching Lucius and Royce. "I'm happy here."

"..."

She has changed.

This Lady Ashera is completely different. Not snobbish, not a scent of greed, not a speck of arrogance. She was no longer the Lady Ashera she knew. She's more mature now, mild mannered and sincere. Happy? Ashera is happy here? It was hard to believe but then after taking one look at Lucius.

The child looks healthy, well and his magical presence is powerful...It's clear how much effort Ashera put into raising the child...No, not just effort but love. I can...see it.

Eyes reflects one's soul.

When Lily looked into Ashera's eyes, she could tell that she was being genuine. There was no ulterior motive, but just love.

Not just through the eyes, but small movements, body language, even the tiniest of details like how lips twitch or shoulders rise. Nothing could escape Lily's eyes and that includes Ashera's sincerity and determination.

Lily breathed in, taking in the new and sudden realizations. She couldn't blame Ashera for doing what she did, she had no choice. As much as Lily would like to defend him, she was not ignorant to Ruven's cruel side. She could not defend Ruven, she knew Ruven would definitely have had Ashera executed if Ashera didn't run away.

And that child inside her womb.

Just the thought of taking an innocent life along as well, his own son, made Lily sick to her stomach. Anger would consume Ruven instead of thinking rationally, so even if Ashera told Ruven that she was pregnant, he would be too enraged to believe and wouldn't even check.

Conflicting thoughts cross Lily's mind. She couldn't blame Ruven for being angry, because he was forced and taken by Ashera and his emotions would control him, but she also couldn't condemn Ashera now that she knows the truth.

The silence made the atmosphere even tenser and Ashera was at a lost at Lily's emotions. What could be running in her mind? What will Lily choose to do? Then the words Ashera least expected spilled out of Lily's mouth.

With a smile, she said...

"I won't take you away."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I won't take your child away."

Tears spill from the corners of Ashera's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry!" Ashera sobbed, and Lily could tell what Ashera was apologizing for. She was referring to Ruven. "I'm so sorry!"

Lily slowly reaches out her hand to the tearful Ashera. With a soft smile and fond gaze, she lightly held Ashera's trembling hand trying to wipe her tears. Lily says to her reassuringly with a tender tone. "I forgive you."

"L-Lily..." Ashera calls, "Why...? Why would you...?"

"Lady Ashera, it would break my heart to take such happiness between a mother and child." Lily explains, wrapping her arms around Ashera. "I would never do such a monstrous deed. Lady Ashera, I do such a thing...What you did hurt me but what hurts me more is taking your family away. I can't do it..."

Lily's voice began to break.

"I can't do it..."

She loves the prince with all of her heart and to see Ashera with the Prince's child...Whether she liked it or not, whether she thought it was wrong or not, it hurt her. Her heart ached uncontrollably as she breaks apart into tears. But in the end, no matter what, she had to accept this because she loved the prince. She wanted to accept this because of Ashera and the child.

"I will never do it."

~~~~~~~

Hello everyone!

It has been a while!

I've been trying to figure out my writing schedule, especially since a bunch of books are being published and working in progress! I would like to sincerely ask for a bit of time to figure out my schedule, especially with school going on. I'll do my best to update as much as I can!

I would like to apologize for the very long wait for an update, I am truly sorry that it has taken this long. I would also like to thank you for everyone's patience and sticking with me throughout these chapters!

I'll work on my schedule guys! Don't worry!

Thank you so much for reading my story! Thank you for all the support, views, votes and comments! I'll see all of you in the next chapter!