Chapter 5: Nishita 's Truth

After getting the complete point of view of Nishita, it was difficult for Rishi to spend more time in Benaras. This place, its people, and her memories all reminisce his past that he wanted to leave behind.

The next morning,  he decides to book his tickets and leave for Noida. He got the next day's night tickets for his leaving. He soon came down to the dining hall to have breakfast.

Within a few minutes, his father also joined him

Within a few minutes, his father also joined him. His mother informed them while serving the parathas,

"Yesterday, Sarla Jiji could not meet Rishi. They were out of the station. So, I invited her along with the whole family for dinner."

His father replied, "You did right. I  could also not find Ram Verma in the party."

Rishi replied hurriedly, " Ma, I can't meet them. I have plans with my friends."

Rishi did not want to face Nishita anymore. He can not bear the fact now she belonged to his school senior Devesh Verma. His father said, "You may go some other time, beta. Today join us."

"Papa, I m leaving with tomorrow's night train... still I'll be trying to come on time."

Rishi tried to convince his father. His father finally agreed and they started having their breakfast. His father said while having another morsel, 

"I forgot to tell you Meera, remember Rashmi.."

"Gita Jiji's daughter na Ji...what happened..? All fine..?"

She asked out of concern. He said in a pleasing tone,

"Meera, the good news is that soon she is going to get married..!" 

After having breakfast, he showed her the invitation card. She said,

"I'm very happy... soon Rishi will be going to come back for this reason to us."

Saying so, she went with Rishika for doing night preparations in the kitchen. She called Koyal, her home servant from the backyard ad instructed,

"Get me fresh vegetables along with paneer from the market, today we are having guests in the night.."

Rishi was listening to them while having his food, he called Suraj, his classmate, and informed him that he is coming on to meet him. Soon, Rishi left with his bike. He sees Suraj waving his hand from his balcony. Rishi greets his parents and went with Suraj to the balcony. He says, " I just left Benaras for a few years but see how it's quite changed..."

Nothing is as before..nor people or the place...

Suraj says, " You may be right, to some extent. All okay na...?"He could understand that Rishi is not fine. He changes the topic to brighten his dull mood. He continues,

"You remember, Pratik...??"

Rishi looks at the rush of the road and he says, "The one who wears the round-rimmed spectacles and always sits on the front bench...?"