Lizona - Throne of Dragonix

Reviewer: persephoinis

Review: Throne of Dragonix

Client: Baqkns

🌻

Cover

Your cover was purely gorgeous and seemed to completely fit with the premise of the plot. The golden hue also matched with the theme of royalty and hence made your cover seem more ethereal. However, the font of the author's name seemed a little weird and the placement made it really tough to see.

Hence, I would highly recommend getting a cover change. If you want to make your covers then you can download fonts from DevianArt, DaFont.com, etc. And if you think that you are incapable of making one, or simply don't have the time, then you can just order one from the various graphic shops in Wattpad.

Title

The title of the book completely fits in with the fantasy genre. It also emphasizes the main conflict that your book has and also doesn't fail to radiate an aura of royalty and its politics. Thus, a total hooker for me!

Blurb

We all know that the blurb is the hook to a book. Of course, the cover is the one that lures the readers in, but the blurb is like an entryway to the world you've created. So it is a vital element that will decide the fate and popularity of your story.

I'm very picky when it comes to the blurb. And now as we talk about your blurb, I think that it had actually had the potential to be a really good one. However, the way you intensely carried out the world-building there, made it a little confusing for me to grasp. The only thing that I could actually understand was the conflict and the rise of the Great Aide's Ace.

Hence, I would recommend minimizing the introduction of the world in the blurb and rather exploring the conflict and a brief on the protagonist.

Plot & pacing

The plot of your book seemed to have been really thought-out with its dark twists and theme. I also loved how you started the prologue and told us the back story of the main conflict and also a little about the protagonist. There was never a dull moment throughout the journey even though sometimes the pacing felt a little dragged down. Your flow from one chapter to another was also really complimenting and kept me hooked.

The best thing that I liked about your book was the way you ended each chapter. It was really powerful and compelled me to carry onto the next chapter and so on. Keep it up!

Character development & Setting

The setting of a story is really important to understand the mood and the world the story is set in.

I absolutely loved the way you set up the surroundings and built the world that is inhabited by your characters. You have also done a brilliant job in creating the tense atmosphere and made readers even feel the brunt of it.

Now, talking about the characters in your book, I think they were really well-sculpted and felt a lot real. I also loved how you incorporated various shades in each of them, and hence leading them to be more relatable.

Personally, I really enjoyed reading Ignia's character as it had the perfect recipe for a morally grey and twisted persona. However, even though his darkness is really entertaining to read, I'm hoping for huge character development.

Other than that, I think the rest of the characters were okay!

Writing Style & Grammar

Your writing style was gorgeously mesmerizing. Every description, every movement by the characters, and every emotion was beautifully depicted.

There were also little to no grammatical errors.

Personal Enjoyment

I really enjoyed the story despite its few shortcomings, and am highly excited to return to it once it's been edited and re-vamped!

Hope I wasn't too harsh (and if I was, I'm sorry) and that you can benefit from this review. Good luck! You've got this!