Chapter 13

After going back to my classroom, I hadn't seen Yui come back herself. I didn't see her anywhere. She wasn't lingering anywhere nor was she on the rooftop where I left her. Did she go home? Does she finally regret her wrongdoings?

Before classes were over for the day, I was sent to the staff room to drop off something for our homeroom teacher. While I was there I also noticed Usui was talking to a teacher. When I glanced at him, I saw he was already looking at me with a slightly happy look on his face.

"Let's walk home together", I mouthed and flashed him a smile. He gave me a nod of agreement in return and then we both went back to what we were currently doing. He had finished before me so I guessed he was left waiting for me. After I had finished with my inquiry with our homeroom teacher, I left.

I walked out and looked down the corridor both ways hoping I'd see him but it was deserted. "Where is he"? I questioned in a mumble. I looked down and took out my phone but at the same moment, out of nowhere I felt someone's hands touch my face, then cover my eyes.

The soft, gentle touch of the person's hand felt familiar. "You have unusually soft hands....It feels nice." I said, grabbing his hands and holding it. By slightly tugging him forward I was now feeling his warmth all across my back and his chin was now resting in the crook of my neck.

My grip on his hand loosened and he took that opportunity to wrap his arms around my waist, hugging me. I was surprised by what he was doing but I couldn't move my body or react to his actions because of how weak I felt. He didn't say anything but continued to embrace me from behind. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as  his body clung to mine.

When I fully caught myself in reality I realized we were still in the corridor near the staff room. "Oh god", I whisper-yelled and moved a bit so Usui could stop.

I couldn't manage to turn around to look at him face to face because of how flustered I was.

"I-Its getting late...I gotta go home." I said slowly, almost choking on my words. I begun walking forward and didn't look back at him. I went straight home, alone, but I was a bit disappointed he didn't come with me. Why am I disappointed when I'm the one who broke the hug and walked away first?! Ugh Natsuki you're so stupid!

Do I like him? Why did I feel like that when he hugged me? It's just a hug....

I walked inside and saw my mom in the living room, watching the tv with my dad after a long time. He looked happy, they both looked happy but I knew deep down that they're worrying. Worrying about the future and dad's wellbeing. I sighed as I walked past them. I'm happy that they're happy but how much longer is he going to last?

Will the treatment work? Is what I saved enough to pay for his treatment? This is too much to think about.

I went upstairs, straight into my room to wash up then plopped myself down on my bed. Wow! I still can't believed that happened! I felt my cheeks heating up as I recalled what Usui did.

While I was lost in thought I heard weird sounds coming from my window as though it was cracking. I waited a while to see if I was just hearing things but the clicking sounds continued. I got up from my bed and pulled the curtain that covered it, revealing someone down below but I couldn't see properly because of the condensation that was on the other side of the glass.

I opened the window and peeped through but I suddenly felt something hit my head. "Ow!" I exclaimed and saw I was hit in the head with a brick which was thrown by none other than Usui. I glared down at him and saw he had an apologetic look on his face.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked in a whisper-yell because I didn't want my mom to hear because if she saw him she'd probably invite him for dinner again and would then continue to expose me. He looked up at me then proceeded to climb over the fence and somehow find a way to reach my window. I watched as he skillfully made his way up here in awe.

"Are you trying to raise suspicions among us?! What would my mom do if she sees you coming into my room like this??" I continued to ask as I watched him step foot in my room. He stood still for a while, looking around, then sat himself down on my bed. "Looks a bit different from before", he states as he sits in a weird position on my bed.

"Yeah that's because it's been years since I lived here plus I made some personal changes to make it suit my taste." I explained while I look a seat at my desk, turning the chair to face him. "Now, what are you doing here? Couldn't you text me or something?" I asked in a concerned tone with a slightly raised brow.

He cleared his throat and sat up. "Remember that time when I was cornered by a bunch of older kids and almost got beaten up but then you came and somehow took down half of them on your own?" He asked in a chuckle. I looked at him completely clueless of what he was really trying to say.

"Yeah I remember. You said you were going to fight them because they called me ugly." I laughed softly as I recalled the incident.

"They have no right to call you ugly....only I can!" He said playfully but I retuned a fake eye roll. "You were so cool though." He said confidently without a hint of uncertainty or playfulness detected in his voice.

I looked at him with a tiny smile. "You think so?"  I looked at him and he was nodding, gesturing that he meant exactly what he said.

"I still hate the fact that you didn't even hesitate to say no to me when I confessed." He said with a mischievous grin.

"I'm sorry...it's just that I didn't want to say yes when I had to leave the next day", I bent my head down, feeling sorry for what I did.

There was a silence that was taking over the room but it wasn't an awkward one but a silence we needed. After a whole couple minutes of us just sitting there I noticed Usui looking a bit....nervous?

I moved over to the bed and sat alongside him. "Usui? Are you—" I was cut off when he did something unexpected.

Very unexpected.