Chapter 3

-Emiko POV-

We got our uniforms before the practice match against Kaijo.
I even got a jacket from the basketball club and I smiled when I put it on.
"It looks good on you" said Tetsuya and I smiled.

"Thank you, Tetsu" I said. "Are you ready? To play against Kise in a match?"
He nodded and I sighed.
"I was surprised with how much he had improved" I said.
"Me too" he said and we went outside to the bus.

~

"This place is huge" said Hyuga when we arrived. "You can really tell when a school is devoted to its athletics"
Kagami looked exhausted...
'Is he gonna be okay?'

"Kagami-kun, you look angrier than usual" said Tetsuya.
"Shut up" said Kagami. "I was a little too excited"
"What are you, a kid going on a field trip?" I said.

"What did you say?" said Kagami.
"Hey guys!" shouted Kise and he ran to us. "This place is big, so I thought I'd come get you"
"Hello" said Riko.

"Kise..." said Kagami but Kise ignored him and walked straight to Tetsuya and me.
"Kurokocchi, Maedacchi, ever since you two turned down my invitation to join us, I've been crying into my pillow every night" cried Kise.

"And you wonder why I call you cry-baby" I sighed.
"Not even a girl has turned me down before" he said.
"Could you please stop being so sarcastic?" said Tetsuya.

"I'm interested to know more about the guy who's making Kurokocchi say those things" said Kise and looked at Kagami. "I don't care much about being called the Generation of Miracles, but I can't ignore such an obvious challenge. I'm not mature enough to let it slide. Sorry, but I'm going to crush you with everything I have"
"Sounds good" said Kagami.

~

"This is it" said Kise when we arrived at the gym.
'Are they serious?' I thought when I saw we were going to play on half a field...
"We're playing on half a court?" said Riko. "The other side's being used for practice?"

-Kasamatsu POV-

Seirin walked in, and my jaw dropped to the ground when I saw their manager.
She was beautiful, short black hair and light purple eyes...
'So that's Maeda-san Kise was talking about...'

"You're here, welcome" said coach when he saw them. "I'm Coach Takeuchi. Which one of you is the coach?"
"That's me" said the other girl, a second year.
"You? You're not the manager?" asked the coach.

"I'm the manager" said the pretty girl.
"I'm Coach Riko Aida, this is Emiko Maeda, the manager" said the other girl. "We look forward to playing with you today!"
Maeda looked at me and she noticed that I was staring at her.

-Emiko POV-

One of the players was staring at me...
"So, um..." I said. "What is this?"
"Exactly what it looks like" said coach Takeuchi. "We've only made simple arrangements for today's game"

"Arrangements?" said Riko.
"There won't be enough to learn from this game to make it worth watching for the guys sitting out" he said and we all got pretty angry...
"I see" said Riko.

"We're having the other players practice as usual so we don't waste time" he said. "Despite the arrangements, you'll be playing our regulars. I hope you won't let us triple your score"
He walked away and Riko was seconds away from snapping.

"They think we suck" said Kagami. "They're treating this like a sideshow to their practice"
I saw Kise getting ready, but the coach stopped him.
"Kise, why are you wearing your uniform?" asked their coach. "You're not playing. I know we've got star players from all the middle schools, but you're on a whole different level"