Chapter 13

-Emiko POV-

'Today is the day... I'll be on a different bench than Satsuki... we're playing against Aomine...'
"Emiko! Kuroko is here!" shouted dad and I ran downstairs.
"Hey, Tetsu" I smiled. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

He shook his head and I set the table.
"So, I heard you guys have a big game today" said dad.
"Yeah, we're playing against Satsuki and Aomine" I said. "I'm actually nervous"

"How are that kids legs?" he asked and I sighed.
"He's an idiot" I said. "He played basketball and made his legs worse again... I'm hoping they are okay now, but I'm taking extra tape with me just in case"

"That's my girl" said dad and ruffled my hair.
"Dad!" I complained.

~

After dropping Nigo off by my dad's office, we went to the gymnasium.
"It's almost time!" said Riko. "Is everyone ready? Only three out of the four schools will be going to the Inter-High! Just like Koganei-kun said, it doesn't seem difficult at first glance. However..."

Mitobe and Izuki each held one of Koganei's arms.
"Huh? What? Hey, wait..." said Koganei, but Riko hit him with her paper fan.
"If you think we can lose one because it's a league game, we're finished!" shouted Riko.

"Why me?" cried Koganei.
"It comes down to now!" shouted Riko. "We will win this game!"
We huddled together.
"Seirin, fight!" shouted Riko.

When we walked out onto the field, I noticed that Aomine wasn't there.
I walked to Satsuki and she hugged me.
"Hey, where's Aomine?" I asked. "I thought he'd be thrilled to play against Tetsuya"

"Can you believe that idiot?!" she yelled. "He overslept, so he's running late!"
"You're kidding" I said and I rolled up my sleeves. "Let's kill him when he gets here, teach him a lesson about respect"
She laughed. "You haven't changed at all"

"Momoi" said their coach.
"Oh, Coach" she smiled. "This is Emiko Maeda, she was also a manager at Teiko"
"Really?" he said and I rubbed the back of my head.

"I was their medical manager, nothing really special" I said.
"Don't be silly!" said Satsuki. "You are amazing, it really wasn't the same after you left..."

"Well, I can't change the past" I said and smiled. "But, we can change the future. Let's have a good game"
She smiled and nodded. "Let's have a good game"
'Oh no...' I thought. 'She really studied us... didn't she...'

I walked back to the bench and the game started.
Touou was fast... they immeadiatly took control of the game, and they started off by shooting a three.

It was hard... we weren't able to get the rebounds, and they were so fast...
They came at us with individual skills, they were certainly an offensive team...
"Really?" I heard Furihata say.

"What is it, Furihata?" I asked.
"Touou's preliminary tournament scores" he said and I looked at the paper he was holding. "108 to 91, 151 to 72, 131 to 81"

"That's amazing, they're all 100 point games" said Kawahara.
"Yeah, they're the opposite of Seiho" said Riko.
"An offensive team" I said.

"Sorry!" I heard someone from Touou shout before shooting a three, but he missed.
But someone of their team got the rebound and scored.

Hyuga scored a three, we were scoring. But they were scoring more...
"What is he doing?" I said when I saw Tetsuya run after the ball.
He jumped...

"You're too low!" I shouted.
Kagami jumped higher and got the ball.
I looked at Satsuki, who was smiling.

"We may have a problem" I said and Riko looked at me. "Satsuki, she's not just a manager... she gathers information, predicts moves... she studied us..."
My point was proven when Kagami shot a three, but ran to the hoop.