xx

Cameras flashed in Ashwin's room and people in hazmat suits were hovering around his window. Vishal turned to him,

"How is Sivaangi?"

Ashwin nodded, "She's fine. Avaluku ethum aagala."

(She's fine. Nothing happened to her.)

Vishal nodded, "Okay, today at 5pm I want her to go wherever Karthik wants her to go."

Ashwin stared at him, "You're kidding right?"

Vishal shook his head, "No. I'm not. Trust me, this is the only way we can lure him out."

Ashwin sighed and looked around. "Is there no other way?"

Vishal nodded a no, "Karthik has made it very clear that the only thing he cares about is Sivaangi. Nothing else will interest him."

"What if something happens to her?"

Vishnu said, "Don't worry. We'll be right behind her. If anything extreme happens, we'll jump in. She just needs to distract him."

Ashwin looked at him hesitantly when Sivaangi appeared by his side. She looked between them, "Enna achu?"

(What happened?)

Vishnu explained his plan to her and she was silent through it. After a pause she said, "I'll do it."

Ashwin whipped his head around, "What?"

Sivaangi placed her hand over his, "Onnum aagathu. Athan avanga irukanga la."

(Nothing will happen. They're there right?)

Ashwin looked at her as if she had grown two heads. He was baffled and he said lowly to her, "Can we talk? Alone."

Vishnu nodded and left them alone.

Ashwin turned to her, "Enna achu unnaku? Nethiku enna achunu marandhutiye?"

(What's wrong with you? Did you forget what happened yesterday?)

Sivaangi raised an eyebrow, "Neenga than matanthuteenga. Unga room la enna ezhuthirintha theriyum la?"

(You're the one who forgot. It was written in YOUR room.)

Ashwin looked at carefully, "What does this have to do with me?"

Sivaangi didn't say anything and it clicked in his head. He asked, "Don't tell me you're doing this for me."

Sivaangi turned to him indignantly, "Yes I am. Nethiku unga room la than ezhuthirinthathu. Unga room ku than antha bouquet vanthuchu. Unga room la tha kathava apadi thatinanga. How would he know I am staying with you?"

(Yes I am. Yesterday it was written in your room. The bouquet was delivered at your room. Someone was banging on your room. How would he know I am staying with you?)

Ashwin was silent. Sivaangi continued, "Everything sometimes happens to me, you're always around or somehow it's related to you."

She was right, she got chased when she was waiting for him. She got that text after they were together at that riverside. That night itself she was ambushed by Pranav. Everytime they were together, something happened. He was somehow in the center of everything.

Sivaangi huffed, "So yes. I'm doing this for you. Not only you, but inga ellarukum than. I lost you once, I'm not gonna risk it anymore."

(So yes. I'm doing this for you. Not only you, but for everyone else as well. I lost you once, I'm not gonna risk it anymore.)