Regret

Seokjin(chuckling) : What! You're joking right! Wait a minute... Is it April Fools day today?

Y/N had her eyes glossy. Her throat had become dry. She gulped and said, "It's true Seokjin. Believe me it wasn't easy for me to arrive at this decision.

He threw the towel he had in his hands in anger and stormed towards her. Gripping her shoulders tight he said in a low but intimidating voice, " Do you even hear yourself? You're talking about leaving this country.. You're talking about leaving me damn it! "

She freed herself from him and walked a few steps away from him, her back facing his back, so that he doesn't see her face, her emotions displayed on it coz she was finding it difficult to hide it.

Y/N: This is the right thing for me. Dad is unwell. His cardiologist, who happens to be his friend called me and informed that he has frequent heart palpitations. Dad needs me. I can't be a selfish daughter and think only about me.

Seokjin: Oh really.. So you have no problem in being a selfish girlfriend huhh?

He rubbed his hands over his hair trying best to maintain his temper.

Seokjin: Ok. I have a solution. You go back to India, take care of your Dad, while we can have a long distance relationship. A few months later, once he is stable you can come back here and continue your studies. That way none of us will have to suffer.

He pleaded hoping for her to agree while his eyes were filled with tears. She sensed that she's gonna lose this argument here. She had to do something quick.

She shrugged his hands away from her and said, "It's not only that. Look, we're young now. We have so much more to explore in life. Umm.. Sure We had a good run...There were a few happy moments as well. But... But I don't think, we're made for each other. I mean..I don't see you and me having a future together", she put it bluntly.

Seokjin was shocked and shattered to the core. He could not believe his ears. He scoffed, "You're lying right? No.. these words and all... no this is not you. What about you always saying me that you want the best for me huhh.. you think breaking up with me will be the best for me? Leaving me in despair like this", he said while tears were rolling down his cheeks.

She again turned around avoiding him, " I still do. But for the first time I would like to be selfish and think about my Dad and me as well. I want to pursue my studies back in India. In fact I have applied at some good universities there and I am sure of being selected. Look, all I am saying that this is just my first relationship and I don't want the emotional baggage of it ruin my life. You.. You are a good man. I am sure you will find someone wonderful. And as far as I am concerned, I would really like to explore all the options and not restrict myself..... with just you and this country. "

"No.. No.. No.. This is not you You're not my Y/N.", he kept on blabbering walking to and fro in the room, his hands covering his ears not wanting to hear anything, tears continuously flowing. " This is me Seokjin. The sooner you accept, the better! ", she screamed and stormed out of his room banging the door. His knees went weak. He collapsed on the ground started to sob.

*****A few hours later*****

At the dining table everyone was talking about random stuff- politics, sports, weather etc. Two people were completely mute and just zoned out. They had not put a morsel of food in their mouths. Every now and then, Seokjin stole glances at her hoping she would see him at least once. He tried to pat her feet under the table. She just retracted her legs away from his, not showing an ounce of emotion on her face.

Mr Ji- Hoon: What happened to you both? Why are you unusually quiet today?

"Umm..nothing like that. Actually, I wanted to tell you all something", she said faking a smile.
All of them looked at in confusion. "I am leaving back to home, my country", she dropped the bomb and let a moment to sink that in. Everyone looked at her in surprise.

Seokjin's mother looked at Seokjin and then asked y/n about her haste decision. She explained everything that her father's health is not good. There was silence for a few minutes. "I have booked my tickets for the next week", she said. Seokjin lifted his head in shock. His eyes had become glossy trying to control his tears. He wanted to see the same emotion in her eyes as well but was unable to. " What! You're leaving next week! Why're you in such a hurry? ", saying so he slammed the chopsticks on the table and stormed to his room.

Mrs Seol- Hee: He is upset and sad and angry. Seokjin is going to miss you very bad. I have seen a good transformation in him after meeting you.

Seokjin's father: In fact even we're all gonna miss you. You've become a part of our family too. Can you postpone it please?

"I wish I could Samchun. But the more I postpone the more I will be worried about Dad's health", she replied.

The next few days Seokjin's emotions reached the roof. During the day he was an angry bull and at night all y/n could hear were sobs from his room. She still could not forget the day when he beat the shit out of a boy from school when he made fun of him being a wuss and a lovesick teenager. His mother had come home to complain. Y/N remembered the force with which he jerked her away from him when she wanted to treat his wounds. His scars from his nails got imprinted on her arms as she hissed in pain but did not make any sound. Once while searching for a paper cutter in his room, she found a vape hidden behind his study table. He started using vape as an escape to let out his pent up anger, sadness, sorrow, pain. She gasped upon finding it and threw it away.

****The same night****

"Searching for your vape?", she asked when she found him frantically searching for something in his room. He got surprised when she asked him. But then he again shouted at her in anger " None of your fu**ing business.. Now get out of my room!"
"I threw it away". The moment she said this he became red with anger. He pulled her towards him holding her arms tight and gritting his teeth, " What... You threw it away? Why? And with whose f**king permission ".

" Come with me", he barked and pulled her to the rooftop of their house as he did not want to wake up his family. She did not resist at all and blindly followed him. Upon reaching there, he left her arms. What followed next was something she did not imagine.

Seokjin bent down on his knees in front of her and folded his hands. Wailing loudly he pleaded " Please y/n...I cannot live without you. Please don't leave me. Take me with you. I will not occupy much space. I am willing to sleep even on the streets next to your house. I will do whatever job comes my way. I will nurse your father to back his health. Just order me and I will obey it. But don't leave me" , he wailed kissing her holding her hands tight in fear.

That was the last straw for her. She was tired of putting up a brave face for so many days. She turned around and clenched her hands tight on her heart. Her lips formed an inverted 'u' and tears now started flowing down. She hated the fact that he had become like this and that she was the reason for it. She hated the fact that she was being the worst person. "Be strong y/n..be strong", she reminded herself.

" Seokjin, tomorrow is my flight. Please don't make it difficult for me. I understand it is difficult. This is not easy for me too. But no matter how much I think, I cannot find a single reason to not go back ", she said choking on her words. Anger now consumed him. Wiping his tears he got up. "Then go.. F**king go. Fisting his palms in the air he pulled her by her waist and held her tight, gritting his teeth. She got scared, "What are you doing? Leave me.. I said leave me", she said. He pushed her to a nearby wall, her back hit it. He hastily held her both arms by the wrists with just one hand and nibbling her lips. She tried to shut her lips but it was too late. He entered her mouth and started to suck her tongue. She could feel his anger when he switched from biting her lips hard to almost swallowing her. She was becoming short of breath. He stopped doing what he was doing when he heard her little whimpers. He felt her tears on his cheeks. He realizes what he was doing and slowly backed off.

"I hate you. I just hate you y/n. Pray thay we never meet agai. Coz if we meet again, I will make you regret this decision of yours".

The anger in him turned to something more dangerous. Will they survive this new formed relationship of hate? Or will they both perish in it?