Christmas(ch.38)

Christmas with the Potters was exactly how you'd thought it'd be.

You woke up to the sound of James frantically knocking on your door,

"Y/n get up! Get up it's Christmas!"

Glancing up at Sirius who was also now awake, you both shared looks of annoyance.

"If we ignore him he'll go away" he whispered snuggling his head onto your chest. For a second, there was silence and you could feel yourself drifting back to sleep.

"Right, i'm coming in, if you don't have clothes on prepare"

With that your eyes shot open and you and Sirius quickly scrambled off the bed finding the nearest clothes possible. At first you struggled to get up properly, legs feeling slightly weak, yet you played it off, avoiding the embarrassment.

"get under the bed" you quietly instructed

The black haired boy looked at you in confusion, hopping into some trousers"what?"

"just get under the bed"

He was about to protest when you heard the door handle turn, the both of you shared a quick look before he slid under the bed, you pulling the covers over the side to shield Sirius from sight. James opening the door simultaneously. Hesitantly he walked into your room, one hand covering his eyes and the other holding some material.

You looked at the bespectacled boy before you, a smile growing on your face. James was dressed in a rather ugly knitted jumper, with glitter and sequins sewn onto it and a quite large reindeer on the middle. You gathered that Sirius could partially see him too as you heard a stifled giggle.

"Right i don't know if you're there or not but-"

"James- James i'm here" you quickly said stepping towards the tall boy removing his hand from his face. His eyes were still closed shut.

"Nah I'm not falling for it"

Deciding you wanted to mess with him you leaned forward, whispering "-and i'm fully naked", taking a moments pause, he replied

"Definitely not gonna fall for it"

Before he quickly and stupidly opened one of his eyes, huffing when he realised you had clothes on.

"Now why would you do that?" he sulked

"Merry Christmas to you too"

Furrowing his eyebrows together, he slightly nodded "yeah, lets not tell Lily about that"he shrugged as you laughed at his befuddlement.

"Well anyways, mum made you this" he said, handing you a folded wooly jumper. Raising an eyebrow at him, he let out an exasperated sigh "she makes them every year and insists on the entire family wearing them on Christmas day. She stayed up all night making it for you"

You unfolded the jumper, seeing a Christmas tree knitted onto the centre of the dark blue fabric. In comparison to James' it wasn't ugly at all, rather cute. There was an overwhelming feeling of happiness that you felt when you looked back at James, who was once again sulking.

"Why'd you get a nice one? I always get the ugly ones" he moped

"I'll be down in a minute James"you smiled, moving to close the door,

"Yeah I'm gonna wake up Sirius now, see you downstairs-"

"Actually, i uh- i think Sirius is in the bathroom downstairs, I'm pretty sure i heard him go down before" you lied convincingly,