Cinderella Should've Worn Converse

I marched down the hallway with my held high as I followed behind Noah who was now leading the way. I kept my eyes fixated on his sculpted back in a fiery glare. Who did he think he was kissing me like that? I growled in my head. Our mate. My wolf supplied me with a response like I was an idiot. I let out a small growl to myself before speeding up my steps nearly walking smack into Noah when he stopped abruptly. He turned and looked down at me with a raised eyebrow. I quickly took a large step away from him looking at him suspiciously.

 “This is your room.” He reached out and opened the door to the room. I peered inside the room for a moment and then found myself not waiting to be prompted to enter. The room was a beautiful shade of purple and the bed was fit for a queen. I looked around the space and I couldn’t help but smile a little, “Wow…”

“You like it?” I hear Noah ask me but I don’t respond cause I’m too busy at the moment inspecting everything. I move across the room to a door and open in with curiosity. It’s a bathroom and it’s huge. There is a deep tub that looks like I could swim laps in it. Next to it there is a fancy shower, as if a pool size tub wasn’t enough. I let out a tiny laugh as I walked back into the room to find Noah leaning in the doorway appraising me, “Do you like it?” He asks me again.

“I love it but I feel kind of like this is maybe too much. I’ve never had anything as nice as this.” I motion my hand around the space, “Before now I was living in a tiny studio apartment where I had to call the landlord every other day to fix something or other. I don’t need all of this—but it is beautiful.” His eyes darken a bit and he pushes himself off the wall standing large in the doorway, “You may not need all of this but as my mate I think you deserve it.” His words made my eyes widen a bit in surprise. 

“Shower quickly. I’ll have someone bring you something to wear and escort you down to dinner—“ He turns to leave but pauses, “Don’t make me be the one to come get you.” Then he is gone closing the door behind himself. 

I stood motionless for a moment staring at the door before I slowly began to look around my room. It was beautiful I guess I’m curious if this room was empty until now or if someone had been forced out to make room for me. That last thought made me feel a little guilty so I quickly pushed it away. I made my way back into the bathroom letting out a tiny sigh at the sight of the big tub, “Hello beautiful…” I comment with a grin. 

Honestly it felt like I had died and gone to heaven being able to relax after days of being on the run was wonderful. My relaxing was brought to a stop when there was a knock on the door, “Yes?” I called out. 

“U-uh hi Luna?” I hear a voice squeak out. 

“Scarlett.” I said back to her as I got out of the bath wrapping a towel around myself. 

“Wh-what?” 

I rolled my eyes and walked to the door opening it up to find a young girl maybe only slightly older then Lacey stumbling back from the door, nearly tripping over her own feet. I try not to laugh, “My name is Scarlett. I’d rather that be what you call me.” I say plaining. The girl kept her head bowed and her eyes fixed on the ground which made me roll my eyes, “And you can look at me I’m not going to turn you into stone or breathe fire.” 

She looks up slowly clearly nervous, “I apologize for disturbing you Lu—Scarlett. I Alpha Noah instructed me to help you get ready for this evening and then escort you to the dining room.”