Chapter 50

Yeji steals a glance at her phone that just lit up, showing her a short message on the screen from none other than Ryujin.

"What are you doing?"

Yeji grabs the device and types a reply while holding it low, almost under the table. "I'm in a meeting."

"Oh sorry. I'll text you later then."

"Go to sleep. Text me tomorrow morning your time."

"But I have to go to work tomorrow morning."

Ryujin has been working part-time at the hardware store during the entire summer, helping the nice family while earning herself a little pocket money. She's also working on a few freelance projects that her classmates and professors offered her.

"Then text me after you get off work. I have no schedule tomorrow."

"Okay then."

Yeji locks the screen and sets the phone aside again. She can't help but smile a little at the thought of Ryujin. Her strategy is working and ever since that spring visit, Ryujin's the one who's been reaching out to her regularly.

But before anyone could notice her expression, she straightens up and shifts her attention back to the ongoing meeting.

-------

Ryujin wakes up, shuts her alarm off and lazily stretches before dragging herself out of bed, shivering and grumbling about how much she despises winter classes.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and Ryujin was expecting to get something from Yeji like last year but nothing came in the mail. Her email inbox is empty too. She had wished her a Happy Valentine's Day through the messaging app but Yeji's reply was short. Ryujin knew that Yeji was not happy when she told her that she couldn't come home last Christmas and since then, Yeji's replies have been shorter than usual. Sometimes she wouldn't even reply. The woman was disappointed but Ryujin couldn't do anything about it. Her professor had offered her a small project that she could participate in as a freelancer because he thought she had talent beyond her years. The only catch was that the project must be done before the end of the year. She wanted the experience so she took it on.

Ryujin grabs a slice of bread, spreads jam on it as quickly as she can and stuffs it in her mouth as she makes a dash for the door, taking her phone, bag and jacket on her way out.

She's locking the door when her next-door neighbor comes out and greets her, holding a small package in her hands.

"Ryu, I'm sorry I forgot but a package came for you yesterday," says the woman.

"Oh? Thank you, Mrs. Hall." Ryujin takes the package from her neighbor and smiles when she sees the sender's name and address. She quickly runs inside her apartment to open it, not caring that she'd be late for class.

Ryujin laughs when she sees the satin pink panties exactly like the one Karate Jinnie wears - only in human size; her size.

She takes the card out of the envelope and something falls out, dropping onto the floor.

Ryujin picks it up and gasps when she sees the picture printed in polaroid style. On the white border under the picture are the words "What you could've come home to last Christmas" and a red lipstick mark.

"Holy sh-..."

It's a selfie Yeji has taken of herself standing in front of a full-length mirror, winking sexily while wearing one of Ryujin's small old t-shirt that ends at her waist and a pair of pink satin panties with white hearts printed on it - exactly like the one on Tippachan.