Dumpling Holders

(Hyejin's POV)

"Ah~ this is so refreshing" Taehyung commented as he sipped on his grapefruit green tea, the same drink I also had.

I smiled as we walked around.

It was a nice day out despite having a hangover. I realized we were still in Chuncheon.

"How much did you drink last night? You didn't even remember your own address," he laughed.

I never really intended to drink that much last night and I, most definitely, did not expect the sudden turn of events.

"Namjoon-hyung was so worried he tried calling Jackson-hyung, but you snatched his phone and placed it in your.." he cleared his throat.

My eyes grew wide at his story, "My under--"

"No!" He stopped me before I could continue. "Just your.. you know.. your dumpling holders."

"My what now?" I stopped in my tracks and looked up at him as he avoided my gaze. "Is that what you call a bra?"

He didn't respond and a hint of pink flushed his cheeks.

"Dumpling holders," I laughed.

"Hey! It was a huge struggle! Try having 7 guys figure out how to get a phone from a woman's bra without being accused of sexual harrasment," he defended.

Still laughing, I tried to ask, "How did you?"

"Well... Yoongi-hyung threatened to take you to JYP instead if you wouldn't give back Joon-hyung's phone back," he snickered.

My mouth slightly dropped. I wanted to facepalm myself so hard, but I felt like my hand would go through my skull at how embarrassed I feel right now.

"What happened after that?" I hesitantly asked.

"Since it was already pretty late, we decided to take you to the nearest hotel since nobody knew where you lived and booked you a room for you to sleep in."

I sipped on my drink and wondered about things that might have or could have happened. My mind rushed with various thoughts that would make me lose points in heaven.

"I stayed behind and booked a separate room because it was getting late and I wanted to make sure you'd be alright the next day," he casually said.

I stopped in my tracks. He noticed my sudden pause and gave me an expression as if asking me what was wrong.

"Why?" I asked.

"What do you mean why?" he asked, confused.

"Why would you do that? Why would you go through all that trouble?"

"Um.. because you called me," he stated as if it was the most obvious thing. "And isn't that what you do when you like someone?" he added.

(Taehyung's POV)

"Taehyung-ssi..." she muttered.

A small smile formed on my lips as I looked at her confused expression. Her doe eyes glistening like a lost puppy's.

This beautiful girl in front of me looks so much different from the performer you see on stage. Her hair in a messy bun with baby hairs sticking out at random places. Her cheeks, a natural tint of pink as well as her lips.

Standing just below my chin, she looked up at me, lost for words.

This wasn't the kind of confession I wanted to happen, but somehow, it just naturally and effortlessly slipped out of my mouth.

"Hyejin-ah," I replied.

She opened her lips, but no sound came out. She blinked her eyes as she tried to search for the right words to say.

"You don't even know me enough to like me," she said.

I moved closer to her as she responded with a step back.

"Will you give me a chance to?" I asked.

She looked at me intently, examining my face. Her gaze met mine.

My heart started pounding fast in my chest, hoping that she could not hear it. Her silence made me nervous and it began to be deafening.

Her shoulders began to relax and a small smile formed on her lips as she turned and began to walk ahead of me.

Was that a yes? Who knows? I know one thing though. I didn't get rejected this time.

--

(A/N: HEY EVERYONE!!! 👋 I'm really sorry. 🥺  I've been so busy with work that I haven't updated in a while. I've written a couple drafts, but they are still under extreme editing that's why I barely published any. I hope you all have a great day/night wherever you are right now. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote! Borahae! 💜)