Chapter-5

5 weeks.

We're sitting in a boring meeting that happens every month, I don't know what the point is. The manager of HR says that it is to make sure that the employees know and remember the rules and everything. I see Chase rolling his eyes as a woman speaks.

I don't even know why he attends, to make sure everyone is paying attention? I look at Mellisa beside me, but she's busy texting her boyfriend. On my right it's Chase, I'm getting bored.

I write 'I'm bored' on my notepad and nudge Mellisa. She frowns at me and then gets back to texting under the table. I look around, the interns listening to the old lady attentively, my eyes find Caleb. He's already looking around, he looks at me looking at him and smiles. I grin back at him, fixing my hair. He breaks the eye contact by looking away. I'm pretty sure I'm blushing right now, can't help it. He's so fucking cute.

Chase slips my notepad back to me, I don't even know when he took it. He wrote 'he's gay.' in his neat handwriting.

I give him a disapproving look at Caleb then back at him. "He's not." I mouth at him. "He is." He mouths back.

I keep my hand on my chin and raise my middle finger. He smiled. Fucking pause everything, I need to capture the moment. He fucking smiled. It never happens. I made him do that. Damn, I'm proud of myself.

He cleared his throat and everyone acts as if nothing happened. Mellisa elbows me. I gave her my wtf look. She wiggles her eyebrows. "It's nothing." I mouth. She rolls her eyes and gets back to texting. Again.

I took out my phone and texted him.

Did you just smile?

He just frowned in response.

Can i pretend tht u hv a meeting and get out of here?

He frowned at his phone, his old ass is probably worried about me not using proper words.

"I hope you all are aware of the rules and will follow them." I heard the old lady say. Finally.

We all stood up to leave as soon as we can. A girl, not older than 20 was coming the wrong way, before we know anything she threw herself at Chase. He froze as she caught him off-guard. She kept her hands on his biceps to steady herself and batted her eyelashes at him. Everyone was looking at them with open mouths.

Chase's face was red from the anger, I assume. Everyone was aware of how much he hated being touched. So I pushed her off, being the dramatic ass, she fell on the floor. "You're fired." I say as Chase stormed out.

"But- but-"

"You're here to work, not throw yourself at the boss. I'll make sure your college knows about the stunt you pulled and refrain from recommending students like you." I picked up my notepad and phone and left.

Chase didn't come back to the office for the rest of the day and I had to reschedule the rest of the meetings and the work load on me was more. The last meeting he had with Alec Kingston was rescheduled but he came anyway.

"Hey Cel, where's that douche?" He asked once he barged into his office and didn't find him in there.

"I called to reschedule, he isn't here."

"What did you do?" He raised a perfect brow. Alec Kingston was attractive. He had a face that turned faces, the most beautiful feature about him was his eyes, Grey. He was a couple of inches shorter than his bestfriend, Chase but still standing taller than most men at 6'2, but the best thing about him was he didn't treat people like he was a god. He was down to earth and gave a home-y vibe. In the past two years, he became a very good friend of mine. I hope that stays after I quit.

"Me? Why do you think I did something?"

"Because sweetheart you're the only person he spends so much time with." He teased. He knew about my tiny crush on Chase, he made me spill when he saw me checking him out one day.

"He doesn't. That office is the one where he spends most of the time and by the way, I didn't do anything. Some bitch threw herself at him, he got angry and stormed out. And you know him, he isn't picking up my calls or replying to my texts."

"Well..shit." He took out his phone, calling Chase.

"He won't answer." I rolled my eyes but then a thought struck in. I called his housekeeper, Marie, and luckily she picked up.

"Hey Marie, it's Celeste, Mr. Black's assistant."

"Oh, how may I help you Miss Reed."

"Is Chase home?"

"Yes, He came back home earlier and gave me a day off."

"Okay, thanks Marie that'd be all."

"Mention not dear."

She hung up.

"He's home." I tell a worried Alec. He sighed in relief. "Are you going home too?" He asks.

"Yeah, I was until you showed up." I joked.

"Will you check up on him for me? Please? I would but I've to be somewhere, that's why I came. I can't do the meeting tomorrow."

"I don't think he'll like that."

"Please Celeste, he tends to hurt himself when he's angry."

"You can spare a few minutes.." I trail off.

"I can't Cel try to understand, my grandmother is sick and I've to visit her, the next thing I'm doing after leaving this building is flying to Milan. Please?" He pleaded. Hearing him say please more times than he'll ever say, I agreed.

"Update me 'kay?" He gave me a side hug.

"I hope your Grandma gets well soon." I say as he leaves.

........

You know the feeling when you want to do something but have the fear of rejection? I am feeling like that right now. I'm scared that he won't answer the door or worse close the door on my face.

I rang the bell and waited for a few minutes but no one answered. I tried again but no answer.

I texted Alec. 'he isn't answering the door.'

Within a minute he replied. 'keep trying. Please.'

10 minutes later the door finally opened, showing an angry Chase. I quickly texted Alec, telling him he was okay before finally taking Chase in. He got rid of the suit jacket and shirt, and was currently scowling at me.

My eyes trailed down and I gasped. "What happened to your arms?!"