Chapter 39

Author P.O.V

"Would I look good in this?" Shawn questions asking for Andre's opinion.

"Yes," Andre says without looking over at Shawn he's too busy looking for his stuff.

"You ain't even look" Shawn states with a grown on his face Andre looks up and gives Shawn a look.

"I'm pretty sure your tall ass looks good in anything" Andre states going back to looking for his stuff. Which he doesn't see anything he'd really like at the moment.

"I ain't even that tall for real" Shawn states. That's a lie the man is definitely above average.

"I know you fucking lying tall" Andre says looking at Shawn who he has to look up at in the process, and he dares to say he isn't tall.

"You just short" Shawn teases flicking Andre's forehead then walking away to look at some other stuff. Andre rubs his forehead before he goes back to doing his own thing as well.

Andre hates the mall he can't explain it, but he just hates it the overpriced stuff, the crowds of people, not to mention the last time he came here a stranger caused him to have a panic attack. Honestly, he only comes for the food.

"Bruh it's boring here let's go somewhere else," Shawn says appearing out of nowhere which causes Andre to jump. He should stop being so deep in thought.

"Why you so jumpy?" Shawn questions his voice laced with concern. Shawn doesn't think Andre should be scared of him anymore, so it stings when he concludes that Andre is jumpy because he's scared of Shawn.

"It's nothing" Andre answers quietly looking away from Shawn's concerned stare. He doesn't know why he's so jumpy at the moment.

"It ain't nothing, so tell me the truth" Shawn states sounding serious which is very new to Andre. Andre is a little taken back by the seriousness. Does his well-being matter that much to Shawn?

"It doesn't matter" Andre mumbles. He doesn't want to burden Shawn with his issues. Especially if his issues have to do with something that happened months ago. Shawn's concerned look doesn't disappear.

"Well, it matters to me" Shawn states. Andre still refuses to speak and goes back to doing his thing.

Shawn takes a few seconds to think about what could be bothering Andre. He may not look it or act like it, but Shawn can be smart when he feels like it or puts an effort to think about things which is rare.

"Hold up is this about the incident you told me about at the park" Shawn questions putting two and two together. It's the only explanation Shawn can think of that makes sense unless there was another incident that took place at the mall that he doesn't know about

"Yes, but it doesn't even matter no more," Andre says deciding not to put up much of a fight against Shawn because what is the point? Andre starts walking away, but Shawn grabs his arms, stops him, and pulls him close to him. Almost too close for Andre to handle.

"Don't be walking away from me like that aight?" Shawn questions calmly. It would be the understatement of the year if Andrea said he got butterflies over the sound of Shawn's voice and request.

"Okay" Andre responds nodding his head softly ignoring how his face is heating up slightly at the proximity.

"I won't let anything happen to you" Shawn states as if it's a fact. Andre can't help, but believe Shawn because he says it so confidently. He sounds so sure of himself.