Chapter 4-5: Rabbit Group

Suzaku's POV

Seated at a café table were the four of us whom shared a guest room aboard this luxurious cruise liner, Speranza. I was beside my childhood friend, Lelouch, whilst Light and Ryuzaki sat opposite us.

Plop!

...

Plop!

...

Plop!

Lelouch, Light and I all slowly looked and stared at the unruly, black-haired boy.

Plop!

...

Plop!

...

Plop!

He was adding an extremely excessive amount of sugar cubes to his coffee. And, what's more surprising, was the fact that he was casually dropping them in as if nothing was wrong.

Plop!

...

Plop!

...

Plop!

That made 9. 9 Sugar cubes. In one cup of coffee.

"Ryuzaki..." Lelouch said uncertainly.

The boy froze, his hand hovering above the coffee with a sugar cube pinched between his thumb and index finger.

"Hm? What is it?" Ryuzaki asked.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Ryuzaki tilted his head in genuine confusion, as if he had no idea what the problem was.

"Why are you adding so much sugar?" Light asked in equal confusion.

"Isn't it obvious? To make it sweeter." Ryuzaki answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But..." Lelouch began in disbelief. "... But that isn't 'sweet.'"

He pointed to the cup in front of Ryuzaki as he continued.

"What's in that cup isn't coffee anymore! That's liquid diabetes!"

The three of us snorted in laughter, which was only amplified when Ryuzaki let go of the sugar cube between his fingers, causing it to splash into the cup.

"Do you drink that much sugar on a regular basis?" Light asked once the laughter died down.

"Yes. Why?" Ryuzaki replied, picking up the cup.

"I-Isn't that bad for you?" I stammered.

Ryuzaki shifted in his seat and took a sip of the liquid diabetes.

"I burn the calories by using my brain," Ryuzaki rebutted, tapping his head.

Everyone narrowed their eyes sceptically as we heard his refutation.

"Does that really work?" Lelouch asked incredulously.

"The brain alone accounts for approximately 20% of the body's total energy consumption. Naturally, it is also the organ that burns the most calories within a human." Ryuzaki told us, taking another drink of his 'coffee.'

"I still think regular exercise is more effective, though?" I said with doubt in my voice.

"Hm, speaking of, Suzaku, have you been exercising since you enrolled here?" Lelouch inquired.