Chapter 27- kiss

Celeste POV:

I rush upstairs, slamming my bedroom door.
The sound of Lorenzo's footsteps pound behind me. The stairs creak under his every move.

" Celeste what the fuck is your problem?" he bellows before grabbing onto my wrist. His hold is so strong I'm unable to move any further.

" Let go"

" Just tell me what is your problem" Lorenzo yells. As his grasp loosens I harshly pull my hand away.

" It's you Enzo, you don't value anyone. Even your own mother. Everyone's just a distraction."

I watch as his jaw clenches. As veins begin to bulge in his neck.
Shit.

I didn't mean it. I shouldn't of said it.

" What did you just say about my mother Celeste?" Although he's evidently angry his voice is more controlled this time.

" I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry Enzo"

His gaze travels to the window and he doesn't speak for a few seconds, only wrings his hands.
Is he anxious?
" You act like you can do no wrong. Like I'm the problem, but you say things like that." Lorenzo mutters.

I feel my face burn with a sort of embarrassment. I have no idea what I was thinking.
" I'm sorry. I was angry"

This time he turns his body to face me. I watch, face still warm, as he runs his hands through his dark hair.

" Your blushing"

" Sorry"

A small smile tugs on Lorenzo's lips.

" Why are you smiling?"

" Your look even prettier when you blush"

I only feel my cheeks become even more flushed.

" I really am sorry Enzo"

His warm expression faults at this. I stand there, heart pounding, waiting for his answer.

" Feisty temper huh?"

Immediately relief rushes through me at his words. I notice his smile has returned as he tries catching his gaze onto mine. I can't look away, from Lorenzo happy.

" Did you not notice that when I threw a dagger at you?"

" I thought you were just frustrated at the whole situation"

That was true. When I look back I don't think it was ever Enzo I was annoyed at. Just everything that had happened.

" Well normally I do try refrain from throwing weapons at people"

" Good to hear" He grins harder. Laughs. And I find myself giggling too.

" You smile a lot more now. Than when I first met you Enzo"

A pensive look flashes across his face. It's only a few a seconds later that I notice I'm staring. But I don't turn away this time.

" I smile a lot more around you Celeste. You make me happy love"
This time it's my breath that catches. And his words are replaying in my mind. Over and over again.
I'm so startled I don't even know how to answer. But then everything comes into focus.

" If your just saying that to please me. Don't. If all I am to you is someone you want to fuck. If all this is just something physical, If I'm just a distraction from I don't know your work then don't say that. It's cruel"

His expressions softens. He open's his mouth to speak. But only closes it a heartbeat later.

" Right. Got it" I sigh.