Chapter 67: Hungarian Horntail

Y/n Pov:

The first task, dragons. All the competitors were in the tent, waiting for the professors. Harry and I were talking when I heard a familiar voice. "Y/n? Harry?" The voice called out whispering. "Mione?" I asked getting closer to the end of the tent. I signaled Harry over to me.

"How are you feeling?" Mione asked. "Okay?" she asked again. I was scared out of my mind to be honest. I wasn't afraid of the dragons, no, but for Harry, Cedric, Victor and Fleur. "The key is to concentrate" Mione said snapping me out of thought.

"After that you just have to-" "Battle a dragon" Harry and I chorused. Mione pulled us into a hug. A flash appeared and I looked to where it was.  "Young love, how..." It was Rita Skeeter. "Stirring" she said finishing her sentence. A photographer walked behind her and her magical quill and parchment followed her.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "If anything goes unfortunately today, you three may even make the front page" she added with a sheepish grin. "Looks like two girls in love with Harry Potter, how.." "Romantic" she finished.

"You have no business here, this tent is for competitors and friends only" Victor said coming to the rescue. I sent him a thankful smile. "No matter, we've got what we wanted" Rita replied smiling, while the photographer continued to take more photos.

"Good day champions, gather round please" Professor Dumbledore said as he walked into the tent. "Now you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived" Professor Dumbledore continued. "A moment only five of you can appreciate"

"What are you doing here miss Granger?" Professor Dumbledore asked noticing Mione. "Sorry, I'll just go, good luck you both" Mione replied leaving.

"Barty the bag" Professor Dumbledore said as a man with sleek and gelled hair stepped forward with bag in hand. "Champions in a circle around me" Mr Crouch said.

"Miss Delacour over here, Mister Krum, Mister Potter over here and Miss Black over here" He said arranging us in a circle.

 "Now, Miss Delacour if you will" he said opening up the pouch in his hand. The bag sizzled as Fleur put her hand in and pulled out a miniature green dragon. "The welsh green" Mr Crouch stated. "Mr Krum" He said moving the bag in front of Victor.

"Ohh a Chinese fireball" he said as Victor pulled out his dragon. "The swedish short snout" Mr Crouch said as Cedric pulled out his dragon. "Hungarian Horntail" Mr Crouch said as Harry pulled his dragon out. The most dangerous dragon in the whole species. It growled fiercely in Harry's hand.

"And that leaves the other Hungarian Horntail" Mr Crouch said as I pulled out the last dragon. My eyes widened in shock. Another one?

"These represent five very real dragons, and each of them has been given a golden egg to protect" Mr Crouch said as Professor Dumbledore shot me and Harry a worrying glance.

"Your objective is simple, collect the egg and this you must do, for each egg contains a clue, without which you cannot proceed to the next task" Mr Crouch continued. "Any questions?" Mr Crouch asked.

"Well then good luck champions, Mr Diggory at the sound of the cannon you may-" Professor Dumbledore was interrupted with a very loud Boom. "The crowd cheered loud as Cedric stepped forward.

"Good luck" I whispered to him. He smiled at me slightly before walking out the tent.