40

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

A/N: Sorry for the late chapter, my laptop broke so I had to finish writing it on my phone 😩

_____

Avoidance. Avoidance. Avoidance.

It's all Cedric seemed to be doing, and it was beginning to annoy her.

There were no more occasional greetings in the middle of the corridors, In fact, she hardly even saw him anymore.

And when Y/N did see him, she was there.

Cho was always there now. Even in the Great Hall, she and Cedric ate lunch together. 

Always near him.

Always with a sweet little smile on her face.

Harry had noticed too. 

When they'd walk in the halls, he'd catch a glimpse of Cedric and Cho together. Y/N wouldn't say anything, she'd just look away, mild disappointment on her face.

It made his blood boil.

Cedric had an opportunity to be with Y/N. 

With Y/N.

And he wasted it. 

The idiot.

Y/N didn't seem to be very upset. Perhaps it didn't have much of an effect on her, or she simply hid her feelings well.

It felt wrong to feel relieved. But he couldn't help it.

***

"YOU WHAT?" Hermione nearly shouted as Y/N explained the contents of the letter to her parents.

"Hermion-"

"No- you can't be serious! You- you run S.P.E.W with me! You can't own a house elf!" Hermione said, sitting down onto her bed, shocked.

"Hermione calm down-"

Hermione shot Y/N a glare. "Do not tell me to calm down! This is- it's horrific!"

Y/N rolled her eyes and leaned backwards into her bed as Hermione went on about how she had betrayed everything S.P.E.W stands for.

"Have you finished yet?" Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow.

Hermione huffed. "Yes."

"Alright, now it's my turn," Y/N said, sitting up and moving some hair away from her face.

"You saw how Winky is reacting to all of this, she's depressed, upset, and she's literally throwing tantrums. She needs a 'master' to feel good about herself because she was raised to serve."

"But-"

"Yes, yes I know it's not right" Y/N said cutting off Hermione's protest. "You know my parents, they'll treat her well, She won't have to do much anyways- maybe cooking? Or helping around the house.. I dunno, she likes helping.. besides, even though I'm sure she won't want it, I'll make sure she's offered sick leaves, payment and whatever else you think might be needed"

Hermione looked hesitant. The idea of owning a house elf sickened her, but the way in which Y/N had described it made it seem almost bearable.

"And you'll make sure she's given a proper bedroom?" Hermione asked, hesitantly.

Y/N gave her a small grin. "Winky can have my bedroom while we're at Hogwarts, and when i'm home I'll be her roommate" 

Hermione let out a loud exasperated sigh, "I suppose it's alright then.. but if she ever wants to be freed.. do you promise to free her?"