09

"Cho Jangmi."

"Why did you hurt yourself this way?"

Jangmi slowly opened her eyes and was confused when she was at the hospital. She looked around the room and was surprised when she saw the doctor. It was Taewoo's dad, he used to give free check-ups to Jangmi about her legs and he was also a doctor of her whenever she has an appointment at the hospital.

"Dr.Jeon" She blinked her eyes and fixed her position.

"Why did I end up here?"

"You fell from the wheelchair earlier and you hurt your legs. Gladly, there was a guy who helped you and brought you here real quick."

"You should be careful next time."

Jangmi nodded and apologized.
"How about my legs? Will I be able to walk again? Is it getting heal?"

"It will get healed if you being careful next time. So, please take care of yourself and make sure that this kind of accident will never happen again. If you want to walk again, do what I told you."

Jangmi sighed and bowed,
"Thank you, Dr.Jeon."

"It's been a long time since we didn't have a family dinner together. I will ask Taewoo to bring you to my house. Just stay here longer until he arrived here, okay?"

"Taewoo?"

"Yes. Why? Is it wrong to ask your boyfriend to take you?"

Jangmi remained silent and just watched Dr.Jeon leaving the room. As he has gone, she lay on the bed and faced the ceiling, trying to calm herself.

"It's okay. I can walk again one day. It's not that bad. I just fell." She looked at her foot and smiled, "I can walk again. I know that."

Knock Knock

Jangmi looked at the door and was surprised when Riki stepped into the room, carrying his bag pack. He walked closer to her and sat on the chair with his eyes fixed on her but she ignored him by wrapping her blanket around her body, covering her head- so he couldn't see her.

"Jangmi, I'm so sorry."

"I didn't mean to hurt you this morning. I wanted to shut their mouths from speaking up about the smoking prank but at the same time, I couldn't do that because I was the one who planned it all. They will think that I am
betraying them."

"But you still can stop them."

"I tried to. I was telling them to stop but I got cut off."

Jangmi remained silent,
"I promise you. I will clean everything tomorrow. Believe me. I will clean your name. I will make them shut their mouth from
spreading about the smoking prank."

"And I will never spread the video. I just want to keep it on my phone. So I could get to watch it whenever I am having a bad day."

"Don't worry. I will keep everything as a secret. Believe me again. I still want to do the wishlist with you."

"You are my friend. I don't want to lose you."

Riki grabbed her blanket and threw it away to see her face.

"Jangmi. Why don't you talk to me?" He looked into her eyes.