Lesson 30: Going To A Hospital Could Help You Discover Your Feelings

(Amber's POV)

I closed the door for my room with a massive smile on my face. I kicked off my shoes and climbed on my bed, jumping up and down while squealing.

Yes, I was fangirling.

No, I didn't kiss Joe.

Sure, I didn't exactly know what Derek and I were, but we hadn't officially ended things and I didn't want to break up with my first boyfriend because one of us had cheated. I decided to call Selena and tell her about everything that had happened.

"Hello?" I heard Selena's mum's voice ask. I frowned.

"Hey, Mrs. Paige! Is Selena there?" I asked. I heard her sniff, as if she'd been crying. Strange.

"You don't know what happened?" She whispered and I shook my head, as if she could see me.

"Uh, no. Is something wrong?"

"Selena is in hospital," She cried, her voice breaking. I gasped. "There was something for her at the door, flowers and chocolate. They were lilies, and the chocolate had caramel in it, I didn't know this, and called it down for Selena, excited that someone did this for her. The next thing you know, I heard her screaming and coughing, then silence." She explained, occasionally pausing to blow her nose.

I nearly dropped my phone.

"-can't believe I didn't see! I'm such an ignorant, horrible mother!" I heard her saying.

"No, no you're not!! If you'd known, you would have did something!" I said, trying to comfort her but it wasn't really working because she started crying harder.

"Exactly!! If I'd payed attention to what kinda flowers and chocolate they were, my baby wouldn't be in hospital now!" She exclaimed.

"Um, what hospital is she in?" I anxiously asked, already gathering my stuff to go and see her. Her mum told me the hospital and address.

"Thank you, see you there." I said, and hung up. I ran downstairs to where my mum was.

"I'm going to visit Selena in the hospital," I started and she stood up with a worried face.

"What happened to her?" She asked, and I shook my head.

"Can you give me a ride? I'll explain in the car." I asked, and she sighed.

"Alright, call Chloe to come downstairs with her shoes. I can't leave her alone with Hugo." She replied, and I did just that.

When we were all ready we went outside, where I saw Joe standing outside. When he saw me he immediately smiled.

"Amber!" He exclaimed, coming towards me. His smile faltered when he saw my expression. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Selena's in hospital." I said.

"Why?!" He asked, and I explained everything to him. When I was done he let out a low whistle.

"Woah. Who do you think it is?"

"Obviously Maria." I scoffed, and he frowned.

"Why would she do this?"

"Remember the video?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Amber!! If you don't mind, can we leave to see your best friend who is currently in the hospital!" My mum suddenly called out. I glanced at her giving her a sheepish smile.