Chapter 17

Disclaimer:
-a lot of povs changing back and forth so keep up and don't get lost😭

—Asami's pov—

Did my crazy ass get in a truck with the most wanted criminal?... yes.

Once the masked bender got in the car, I noticed all the vehicles went separate ways and I was alone with the blue spirit. I studied everything about this truck, it was a newer model with leather seats, I noticed there was a 6 pack of beer in the back seat so I'm guessing they're over 21 or a minor that can get away with this stuff or it's one of others, then I studied the bender as they drove, they had one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter which I thought was weird, the truck was an automatic not a manual so they person drives stick shift more. I also noticed they had a deep wound on their hip, I'm guessing they're out of water or they'd be healing themselves right now.

Their hand moved for they're mask and I reacted, I brought my pocket knife blade to their throat and they froze, they slowly moved their hand to the wheel instead of the shifter. "pull over inside that abandoned building, right now" I said and they complied.

Once the truck stopped and was on park, the blue spirit kept their hands on the wheel. "Good, now lock the car doors" I said not wanting them to run away. They did as told and brought their hand back on the wheel, I kept my blade on their throat as I jumped to the passenger. I know I know I'm fucking crazy but it's not like they'll hurt me. After the whole office thing I realized they might not hurt me so minus well take the risk.

I was now sitting next to them on the passenger seat, they kept they're eyes ahead avoiding mine. I didn't want them to think I'm a threat so I removed the knife, leaving it out just in case.

—Korra's pov—

Does she have a death wish? She would be dead if it wasn't me behind the mask. I looked over at her, she just stared at me, did she not have a plan? Spirits she's going to get herself killed.

"I know you won't hurt me" she said "1. You're wounded and if you move more you'd bleed out. 2. You're out of water. And 3. I studied this group, you guys have over 50 successful robberies none failed and no lives taken... well you do have one life in record, but don't worry I know you didn't take the life, but I bet you do know who did" she stared at me with such hate "so you're going to tell me which one of your little friends took my mother's life" she said pointing the blade at me.

I can't talk, if I do she'll know who I am. How do I get out of this situation? I pointed to the glove compartment in front of her, she opened it looking inside finding my uncle's dagger that he left in there last week, she took it and gave me to OK to search for what I want. I took out a pen and a notepad. I went to a clean page and wrote on it. "So you're not talking?" She asked making me shake my head no.

I wrote in cursive so she won't see my actual hand writing, I know how observant Asami is with everything. I gave it to her and she read it out load

" 'I don't know what you're talking about, the red lotus never told me anything, I only joined because I need to help my family get back on their feet, I never asked for details on anything or personal questions' okay... what if I help you? You give me information about the red lotus and I'll help you with your family, deal?" She said like a business woman. I should've known she was going to do this but I just nodded my head. "Good, now do you know what they look like under the mask?" She asked I shook my head no "what?! You work for people you don't even know what they look like?" I shrugged and took the notepad back from her, I'm going to have to give her false information, this would lead her to dead ends.

I gave her the notepad back and she again read it out loud " 'I don't know anything about them and they know nothing about me, everyone believes our non bender is behind this but there's a higher power, we must stay loyal to the dark dragon' what does that even mean? Who's the dark dragon?" This girl is asking so many questions and I'm nonstop bleeding over here too. I took the note pad writing something down fast.