19

This is the longest chapter yet. You are welcome. 

19

"The man who did this, do you remember his face?" Elliot asked with a frown. I shook my head.

"I didn't get time to memorise it. I was just so scared and he kept hitting me and I was so powerless," I said sadly.

"Hey," Elliot said turning my face to his. "You are not powerless. You seem like a very strong and independent woman."

"Thanks Elliot," I said with a small smile.

Gag much.

"No problem. I just wish I had gotten there in time. What were you doing in the hallway?"

"I was looking for you. After you left, I got bored quickly and... I've never met someone like you Elliot. You just make things so much easier," I said sliding my hand onto his where it rested on the couch. He entwined our fingers and gave me a soft smile.

Don't pull away.

"I'm sorry. I feel like this is all my fault," Elliot said sighing.

"Oh no. Don't blame yourself," I said quickly but Elliot glanced away from me. Despite the way my body was repulsed, I put my hand on his cheek and turned him to face me. "You saved me from him. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come."

Elliots eyes searched my face before he smiled. "You know what, we shouldn't be in such a depressing mood. Why don't I get your mind off things?"

"Oh that would be wonderful," I said removing my hands from his and clapping. Anything so our skin didn't touch.

"Well we have this huge penthouse to ourselves, what would you like to do," he asked. I wracked my brain for something that'd take a lot of time.

"Bake! We can bake a cake. I have this wonderful recipe my mother told me that I think you'd fins absolutely divine," I said smiling brightly.

"Baking? Well I can't say I've done that before..."

"Great! Then this will be your first time!" I stood up.

"Come on Elliot. Live a little. Show me your kitchen and let's make history," I said grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

"Ok ok. Follow me," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me with him to the kitchen. It was quite big and fucking spotless.

I picked out a few ingredients as we talked, making sure to take my bloody time. I started baking with his help, making sure we'd make a mistake here and there. I fake laughed at everything he said and poor thing actually looked happy.

We were mixing some chocolate in a bowl when there was a sudden power outage. I knew that was courtesy of Vittore.

"Elliot," I said feigning fear.

"I'm here love," I heard in the dark and a hand wrapped around my shoulders.

"When are the lights coming back on?" I asked.

"In a few seconds love. I have a back-up generator," he said, his voice laced with smugness.

Oh for Lord's sake.

Just as stated, the power was back and running in no more than 20 seconds.

"That was weird," I said.

"I know. It's never happened before..." Elliot said musing.

"Imagine if it happened while our cake was in. It would be a freaking disaster," I said with a pout, looking his way. He laughed at me.