Chapter- Twenty

ROSLYN'S POV:

As soon as Kai paused, Alonzo went outside, closing the door behind him. What was that? I tried to hear through the door, but he probably dragged him away. There is something being hidden from me. If they continue hiding things, I'll hide their chargers.

Even Theo or Liam avoid talking much when I want to talk anything related to their work. I'm sure they don't love me anymore.

I found everything quiet outside and decided to waltz back inside my room. I opened the room door with a creak and stepped out, looking around like a focused samurai. Nobody's here, let's go back and sleep.

Right when I was about to sprint back, my hand was held and I was pulled behind. Alonzo held me tightly, close to him, not letting me move.

“Where are you going? ” he uttered, close to my ears.

“Inside my room. It's night time and I'm feeling sleepy” I whispered, wishing anyone doesn't walk out on us in this place.

“I have a bed too. Come. ” he lifted me up in his arms effortlessly while I tried all martial arts to get out of his grip.

He sighed, seeing me struggle and placed me down on my feet, still holding me by my waist, close to him. He lowered his head a little, breathing slowly nearly my neck as my stomach was full of sensations and butterflies. I gripped his hand on my waist in action while his hot breathe penetrated inside through my skin.

“I'll let you go but I want my Good night. ” he hit me with that explosion of tingles in my body as soon as his lips rubbed against my neck and his words went vibrating on it.

I gasped, closing my eyes with quivers rushing throughout my body. He let a breathy laugh at my reaction as I flushed heavily, whispering in my shaky tone,

“Good night.”

His fingers gently tip toed all the way over my waist, releasing me to go. I walked back with my legs still shaking and my mind still screaming for more of it.

NEXT MORNING
ROSLYN'S POV:

I slept like a baby last night. I was much relieved than earlier, worrying about my reaction to Alonzo, but he never felt bad about it. I'll have to make sure I don't repeat this ever again. I still haven't got many answers. I need to know what Kai was talking about yesterday.

But before I begin to ruin my day by overthinking, it's time to freshen up. I picked up my phone on the nightstand and opened it to be greeted with twenty calls and ten messages from Weston.

I placed it back, ignoring it totally. Like I said, no overthinking. Grabbing my towel, I stepped inside the shower to freshen up my thoughts.

ALONZO'S POV:

She almost came to know about the invitation thing yesterday. I handled it on time or else he would have said it all. I've made him understand this thing that this topic should be kept out of her reach. If once she gets a clue, she'll not give up till found out.

I fixed my collar while looking in mirror. There's nothing much to do today, no upcoming events, no trips or tours, I'll be able to give time for my personal work now. Putting on my watch, I heard my phone ring on the table in front of me with an incoming call. I picked it up without a look at the name.

“Good Morning Alonzo! ”

Is this Davis? I recognised her voice and yes, it's her. I'm already aware of how annoyed I'm going to be this whole week. I stopped and breathed in, replying back in a formal tone.