ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

"Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!" I quote dramatically, he laughs at me while shaking his head amused. "What book?"

"Wuthering Highs by Emily Brontë." I look at him impressed. I didn't take him as the kinda of guy that reads romance.

"I knew it was a great mistake for a man like me to fall in love..." I quote again. "What book?"

"The great Gatsby." Blake again is correct.

"I didn't take you as a person that reads romance." I state looking at him, while he smiles at me. I lay my head on his chest as we both sit on the couch of his apartment, his arm around my waist protectively.

"I've read so many novels. It all started when I found some of my mom's books, like Pride and Prejudice, mixed with her stuff, so I decided to read it, and that's when I became obsessed with the genre just like she once was. It wasn't because I was a hopeless romantic, but because the only way of love to be real for me, was in the books when I could experience someone else's life and feelings. I've always believed love was real, but I never thought I was worth of such gift. That's until I met you. You made me realize that maybe I could experience love, that maybe I deserved it." he gently tells me, his voice a little shake at the mention of his mother but I don't question any further knowing that if he wants me to know he'll tell me.

The few months we've been together he has never talked about his family, and I sometimes wonder if he doesn't trust me enough to tell me about them, but I understand his decision and if that's what he wants I'll wait a million years if necessary until he trusts me fully and opens up.

"What's your favorite book quote?" I ask him curious.

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough." he quotes deep in thought. "This is my favorite quote, but my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice."