chapter 65: i need to get you out of here

Lorelei Jones | 6th Year

Lorelei followed Theo into the fire, much to Gran's shock. She nearly shrieked when Lorelei dove inside the green flames, but she started to recognize that this was not a world she knew much about. If Lorelei felt safe enough to jump into flames, she just had to hope Lorelei knew what she was doing.

Luckily, she did.

Lorelei fell out of a fireplace in an unfamiliar room. She nearly hit the ground, but Theo caught her and placed a hand over her mouth in case she made any involuntary noises. "Stay close to me, and don't make a sound."

She nodded and stared up at him while he slowly released her. Lorelei gripped her wand tightly in her hand and waited as Theo began to peer around the corner from his place in the doorway of the room. She was antsy to find Luna and Draco, but from everything Draco told her, she would have to remain undetected for them to all make it out of Malfoy Manor safely.

After a few tense seconds, Theo looked back at Lorelei and nodded. She hurried behind him with the lightest steps she could manage, pleased they didn't even make a sound.

Lorelei slipped from the doorway behind Theo, and she flinched and drew back when he suddenly grabbed her wrist. His eyes were wide and his skin ghostly white, so she knew he must have seen or heard something. He listened for another moment, trying to be sure of what he heard.

As if burned, Theo reacted, leaping towards her to cover her ears, but it was too late. Lorelei heard shouting voices and a cry she had gotten all too familiar with in her dreams, and all reason went out the window.

She was racing down the hallways of the manor, not caring if she was heard or spotted. She just wanted to find Draco. She had sat by and watched far too much in her dreams. Now, she could actually do something.

Lorelei sprinted up a long set up stairs. She heard Theo softly cursing and running behind her, but she wasn't slowing down for anyone.

Soon, she found herself in front of a closed wooden door. The shouting voices seemed loudest behind it. She was sure Draco was in there, but she was afraid of what she'd find.

She whipped open the door and fumed at the sight. Draco was standing in the corner of his room with his eyes narrowed and lips curled in what could only be a look of determination. His cheek was slightly cut and bruised, and his bottom lip was busted open. His hands were in fists at his side, but he was the picture of confidence, unimpressed and not bothered by the man screaming before him.

Lorelei realized with a start that it was the man from her dreams. She was sure she'd never met him before, but he was the spitting image of the monster who haunted her nights.

This was Lucius.

The man in question turned and found the pair in the doorway. Both teens were red-faced and out of breath, but Lucius noted how furious the little blonde girl looked especially. He frowned at the sight of the Nott boy behind her. They hadn't been able to track down his father in months, much to Voldemort's dismay.

"Get away from him."

Lorelei's demand was loud, seeming out of place coming from a girl who normally looked so sweet and kind. However, she had her Gran's quick temper and the frightening power that came when loved ones were threatened.