Chapter 5 - Back in Time

Zou Yue was completely surrounded by darkness. But vaguely he could see a red light flashing from time to time.

This annoyed him so much. 'Is this what heaven looks like? It's lame.' He sighed gently.

"Yue, don't act like you are sleeping. I know you are awake," a stern voice said in his mind.

'Why is my old manager in my mind?.... looks like I have joined him in after life. Oh, what a boring afterlife it's going to be' he thought as he continues ignoring the annoying voice.

Suddenly he felt a small weight lean on his schedulers. 'Is that you la Trexa, did you follow baba to heaven as well?' he leaned to the side and gently nuzzled.

Coarse hair scratched against his cheeks. 'Baby, why is your hair so... so.. Disgusting. Did you roll in sewer again? Darn, I need to give you a bath.' he gently sniffed to check her scent, but he smelt a weird artificial fragrance similar to the ones used in hair spray.

"Mu manager, Zou is feigning sleep again," a childish voice shouted aloud.

"Zou Yue! Why can't you listen to me once? This is about your career; Your future would depend upon this. How can you do this!" the same stern voice of his long passed manager shouted.

'Even in death I have no peace.' He sighed and opened his eyes. Blinding light made his eyes burn. He swiftly closed them and moaned.

"Zou your acting sucks, get up now, I saw you watching anime just a moment ago," the small childish voice said again.

Zou Yue opened his eyes once again.

This time he was able to see clearly. Presently he was inside a car. It was surprisingly clean, considering that there was an apocalypse outside.

"Hey! You're missing the important part!" a small white hand waved in front of his face.

Dazed, Zou glanced to his left to see a beautiful face next to him. "Peng-Peng?"

he swiftly caught his small face in his hand and squeezed his ruddy cheeks.

"You are smudging my makeup!!" the young man pushed him away and immediately looked into a small hand-held mirror. "Thank god my makeup is intact or else I would have broken your perfectly carved nose," he growled at him.

"Peng Peng....." Zou then glanced at his palm. It was as beautiful and flawless and a white jade. His years of calluses were gone from his finger. He clenched it tightly in a fist. His small well trimmed nails bit into his palms, bringing about sharp pain. "I can feel.... Peng Peng I can feel..."

Peng Qui looked at him weirdly. "Manager, I think he is still drunk,"

"Shit, give him hangover soup." The manager said from the wheel. "Why did you have to drink right before such an important day? Why! I really don't understand you."

Zou Yue leaned over and looked at his chubby face. "Manager Mu? Is that really you? It's not a dream right?"

His manager peered at him with a look of disappointment. "Yue, be frank with me, did you eat something weird last night? If you confide in me, I can find you help. There are... many celebrities who succumb to the worlds of drugs. Its common, but you should seek help immediately at the initial stage.."

Zou immediately hugged him tight.

The car veered to the left for a second. "ZOU YUE!! Let go now," he shouted and bonked on his head with a rolled up magazine.

"Even if this is a dream, I am glad I met you," Zou whispered with tears in his eyes.

Peng Qui pulled him back by his shirt and peered right into his eyes. "Are you secretly planning on killing me, you bozo?,"