25

vote and comment pls!!!

Leaving the beach wasn't as hard as I expected

I wasn't as scared to get in the car with Harry anymore, he had earned my trust. It wasn't that I was fearful of my driver, I was fearful of other drivers on the road.

My dad got hit. He didn't hit anyone himself.

We both gathered all of our things and headed towards his Audi that was still baking in the sun. The black leather seats must have been piping hot to the touch.

We reach his car quickly, both of us ready to go and get home. I didn't feel like changing, so I set a towel down on my seat and sat on it. Harry did the same. It also saved us from the temperature that was surely burning beneath the cotton of my towel.

He turns his head towards me before backing out just to make sure I was okay and ready to go. I simply nod with a small smile. He presses his foot on the brake and moves the gear shift into reverse and backs slowly out and onto the road again.

My eyes stay shut for a while until we have come to a consistent speed. Neither one of us says much except when he makes any movements. The soft hum of his radio in the background of both of our thoughts.

Should we even talk about what we said on the beach?

Does he even want anything to come from that?

Do I?

We both admitted to having some sort of feelings for each other which I never would've thought would ever leave his mouth.

I like you as much as birds like to fly.

His words in my ear have been repeating in my head all day. The sweet and gentleness of his voice was so velvety and calming. I guess my thoughts had carried me away when I heard him softly say,

"Turning back into campus."

"Okay." Why was I so dry? Why was I suddenly so nervous about him? I haven't been in a relationship with anyone since Grayson. Maybe trust was a problem for me, even though I trusted Harry a lot. That was with more physical things, emotionally I knew whatever it was we were, it was unstable.

He was on the road towards my apartment when my phone starts to ring. I look at the caller and see it's Anna. I answer it immediately and place it to my ear.

"Hey sweet cheeks! Where have you been?" Anna's boisterous voice echoes through the screen. She always answers her phone like this.

"Oh, I've been out with Harry." I say cautiously, my eyes darting to the side to see Harry's reaction out of my peripheral vision. His face stays mainly flat but his lips turn up in a small smirk.

"Ah yes, lover boy. Okay, well, Grant and I are going to dinner and he wanted me to ask if you could come. Bring Harry too."

Dinner? It's like seven in the afternoon and both of us were still in swimsuits.