Valentine's Day Part 2

Chris POV

Hayden pulls the rig into the Emergency area specific to ambulances. He opens the back and helps me unload the gurney. We roll it through the doors as we're met with two nurses and a doctor.
  Twenty nine year old female, lower abdominal pain, fainted before call. BP steady at 125/70 except during bouts of severe pain when it reaches 130/92. Vomited in route, given Phenergen," I tell them as we go further through the ER to an empty bay.
  Together we lift Daphne onto the hospital bed. "We've got it from here," a nurse tells us as she begins to pull the curtain around the area.
  "She's my fiancé," I say.
  The nurse nods her head and asks me to stand back for them to do a work up. Respecting Daphne's privacy I go just out of the bay and lean against the wall. I don't even notice Hayden standing across from me.
  "I called the Chief and let him know what's going on. I've got to take the rig back but when I get off I'll get someone to come with me and bring your truck," he lets me know.
  "The keys are in my locker. Combination is with chief. I need to call her parents," I say taking out my phone. Before I call I unhook my radio and toss it on the gurney.

  Of course Laura and Adam are alarmed but all I can tell them is what I know, which isn't much. They tell me they're on their way just as the nurse tells me I can rejoin Daphne.
I walk in as the room begins to empty out. There's a small blue chair that I pull over next to the bed. "How are you feeling now?" I ask taking her hand in mine.
"A little better. They gave me a bit of pain meds. They've ordered an ultrasound. I just have to wait my turn."
"I called your parents. They're on their way. They said they'd pass on word to your brothers," I tell her as I find my thumb rubbing the back of her hand. She doesn't know it's as much for me as it is her.
She shakes her head at me. "There was no reason to call them. I'm sure everything's fine and I'll be sent home soon."
"Did I ever tell you what the first thing was I noticed when I went into your parents house with you?" Again she shakes her head no. "Your dad's gun cabinet. There is no way I will ever keep something like this from them."
This earned me a small chuckle. I lean down and kiss her forehead. "Rest, my love. I'll be right here."

  It's been two hours since I wheeled Daphne into the ER. Her parents arrived within thirty minutes of me calling them. Unfortunately we are still waiting on the ultrasound since they're backed up. Daphne isn't considered emergent since the meds are keeping the pain at bay although she has developed a low grade fever.
  Adam and I leave Laura with Daphne to go get a cup of coffee. Honestly I'm not interested in it but I'm beginning to get antsy.
  "When did these pains start?" Her dad asks me as we reach the waiting room.
  "The only time I know about was in December. She did tell us today that it's happened since, but that this has been the worst," I tell him. I pour a cup of coffee and pass it over to him. "Did she have anything like this when she was younger?"
  He adds sugar to his coffee, stirring it in. "She started having issues with her cycles around sixteen. The doctor put her on birth control. I assumed she had been fine this whole time."

In my mind I'm starting to put bits and pieces together from the little bit of information I have but I choose to keep it to myself. No sense in causing unnecessary worry or concern. Maybe I'm wrong. In fact I pray that I'm wrong.
By the time we get back to her little corner of the ER her fever has spiked. She looks more sickly, pale and is starting to sweat. Her blood pressure rising dangerously. I press the call button to summon a nurse. Only a short amount of time passes before her nurse enters.
"Alright, well looks like you're getting moved up on the list. I'm paging them 911 now," she tells us she runs back out of the door.
I return to Daphne's side. She's looking up at me with tear filled eyes. "I'm scared," she whispers to me.
I bring my face closer to hers, holding her cheek in my hand. "It'll be okay. You're in the best place to get whatever this is taken care of. Just breathe, try to relax."
She cries out in pain again, lunging forward grabbing her lower abdomen. Her pale skin suddenly has a green tint. I quickly grab the basin for her as he vomits again. "I may have just peed myself," she says looking over at her mom. She lifts the sheet and sees a pool of blood. "Oh God!" Daphne yells out.
  Upon hearing the commotion the nurse runs in again along with an orderly. "We're going to them instead of waiting here.  I'll let you know something as soon as I can."  They unlatch the bed in order to roll it out. I hold onto Daphne's hand as long as I can, until the distance separates us. "I love you Daph. You'll be okay!" I call after her.