Chapter 1: Lion's Den (part 2)

Xun watched as Minsun and Wooyoung fawned over the sword in the glass case, across from where Taeyong was buried

Xun watched as Minsun and Wooyoung fawned over the sword in the glass case, across from where Taeyong was buried. His golden sword was a grand family heirloom, one of great power. Enough power to bring down the user if the vare was used to kill.

Wooyoung was explaining to Minsun the story behind the cure of Taeyong's sword, pointing to the different parts of it. As he spoke though, Xun noticed him looking around, the male on high alert.

"Is something wrong?" Xun asked, interrupting their conversation. Minsun seemed surprised but Wooyoung knew exactly what Xun was talking about, narrowing his eyes as he glanced around the cemetery.

"It feels like someone's watching us." Wooyoung told them. "I feel a pair of eyes following me everywhere we go."

Xun held in the urge to roll his eyes, glancing towards Minsun for her reaction.

"Are you sure?" Minsun asked, taking a look as well. "I don't see anything."

"You're probably imagining things." Xun said, motioning to the sword. "Let's just get this done and over with so we can head to Erde. We don't have that much time."

"No, but I really don't have a good feeling." Wooyoung said, refusing to turn back. "There is definitely something out there."

"Wooyoung-"

"Gosh, just please stop wasting our time." Xun groaned, fed up with all this. "I'm certain that there is nothing out there and if you're too scared, I'm going to head out myself."

"Xun, wait!" Wooyoung called out but Xun decided to ignore him, heading out of the area which houses Taeyong's vare.

See, there's nothing here, Xun told himself as he looked around, seeing nothing within his line of sight. I knew Woooyung was just making things up in his head.

As Xun turned around, about to head back, the sound of loud stomping stopped him, making him freeze in place.

"Xun? Where did you go?" Xun heard Minsun call out, her and Wooyoung stepping out to find Xun.

No, don't come here please. Just... Stay there.

Unfortunately for him, that was exactly the opposite of what the two of them did, Minsun calling out as soon as she caught sight of him. Xun wanted to curse at her as soon as he heard whatever was behind him take a deep breath, the other two soon realizing that Xun wasn't alone.

A loud roar sounded from behind Xun, and he felt like her ears had gone numb. His many years of training had prepared him though, instantly jumping back, falling forth his powers.

Minsun and Wooyoung were in the same state as they stared at the huge creature in front of them, a giant beast about the size of a house. It wore thick bronze armor around its body, similar to the knights of Luminosa. "What is that?"