13. | Music Bank

" Jae-hyung, don't we have Produce 202 to film for in a few days? How do I juggle being an MC and filming?" I asked my manager, who was sorting out paperworks.

"Produce 202 filmings are on Wednesdays, and Music Bank MC duties will be on Saturdays. Of course, you're allowed to decline if you feel overwhelmed, but Minju and Monday working alongside you might change your mind." Jae looked at me with a smirk.

" HUH? Who said anything about declining, I'm in!" I immediately said without hesitation, as Jae let out a little chuckle at my sudden change in decision.

Therefore, we drove to PlayM Entertainment to get a basic idea of the job scope, script reading for the first broadcast and most importantly to familiarise myself with the other two cohosts.

"Will Minju and Monday be there too?" I asked Jae, whom was focusing on the road. "No shit!" He immediately said.

Minju. I wasn't close to the IZ*ONE visual but Yena and Yuri have constantly spread some of her clumsiest and funniest stories to me. At this point, I'm convinced she's a walking caution sign because from what I've heard, she can be clumsy ANYTIME.

Monday. She debuted later than me but is already gaining huge success, and although I have no connections with Weeekly, hopefully through this hosting phase, I would know them better.

Before we reached, I quickly skimmed through the many broadcasts hosted by Arin of Oh My Girl and Soobin from TXT. I noted the insane chemistry they had build up and the ad-libs that hit the nail at the right timings. I also noted their facial expressions and how they interviewed various idols with a smooth flow of questions. Ever so often would there be interactions between Soobin and the idols which gave him more brownie points.

In all honesty, I was quite tensed as I had no experience being a host for anything , and therefore I called my labelmate Soobin for help.

"Soobin-ah, how did you warm up with Arin? I'm quite nervous meeting my cohosts Minju and Monday.." I spilled out.

"You're one lucky dude Y/N.. anyways do watch out first encounter together on YouTube! It was really awkward at first, but after Arin dropped ice cream on me.. it got better!" Soobin recounted as he laughed.

After a few dialogue exchange with him giving me tips to hold my jitters, I bid him goodbye before hanging up.

"Alright, let's hope either one of them screws up on me so I can tease them." I wished, with Jae mocking me.

timeskip

"Wake your ass up." Jae smacked me on the head, as I opened my eyes to see the tall building outside the window.

Fixing my hair, I opened the door cautiously watching out for any secret cameras. I wanted to look good, as always.

The staff escorted me and my manager towards the practice room where we would all gather and meet and I was the first one there surprisingly, considering that this is Monday's second home.

" Y/N-ssi, since you're the first one here, I'll explain to you what we'll be doing. If you watched the video of Arin and Soobin meeting each other for the first time, that's exactly what we'll be doing. Get to know each other, and practice with them for the first opening stage where you guys would perform After School by Weeekly." the PD explained.

I nodded in understanding, as nervousness crawled up to every part of my body as time ticked on. I felt like taking the fattest shit of my life and was anxiously pacing up and down the practice room.

Just then, the door creaked open, revealing Minju and Monday...

Author note :
Well well I guess I'm back after like how many months? Sorry for the short chapter, it's a filler. By the way, do look out for GP999 girls making their way into this story. Can't help it, I cried :(