Keelin

It's been five years and it's time. I'm now thirteen years old and things make a lot more since. Hayley and I are in the living room when Hope jumps down the stairs with her newest drawling.

She goes directly to me "Does it look daddy good"

I take the paper "Better then dads. You'll give him a run for his money"

A vehicle approaches the house

"Is that her?" Hope asks

"Let me check. Stay inside" Hayley says then rolls her eyes when I follow

"Well, now, aren't you two a sight" Mary laughs "And you keep getting bigger"

I smile "Mary"

"You're sure no one followed you?"

"I've been avoiding trouble since well before you were born" Mary laughs "Now, where's that little girl?"

"Did you find it?" I ask "We're so close....Freya's posion has the cure....a siphon to siphon Rebekah's hex"

"So you're really gonna do it? Cure 'em and then wake 'em up? Did you ever stop to think, Hope might be better off without 'em"

A growl comes out of my mouth "They are Hope and I's family"

"I promised Hope a home where she would feel safe and protected by the people that love her. Like Sammy said--"

"Sam"

"--They're her family as she is a Mikaelson. She inherited all of their enemies and a power that I don't understand. She needs someone to teach her control. Sam can only teach her so much"

"You told me to wake the Mikaelsons you needed to find all seven werewolf packs. You found six. The last one, the Malraux, I thought they'd been killed off. According to this, there might be one left. Hayley. You looked for five years. You found nothing. Suddenly, I get word of a lead. What if someone else found it, too? What if it's a trap?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you two have to go" Hope asks

"We do" Hayley says "We will be back very soon. And I won't be alone. I'll call you every night before bed, okay? In the meantime you listen to Marry. Deal?"

"And when we get back I'll teach you a new spell" Sam tells

she smiles huge "deal" and goes inside

"Keep your guard up. Stay moving. You smell trouble, you run. Those folks back there, they had plenty of life. What you need ot do is stay alive for your little girl" Mary looks towards me "for your sister"

"Everything I do is for her" Hayley says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

the last of the pack of werewolves we need was told to be in Austin, Texas

"All right, ladies, do not slow down on me. Cheers" they down more shots "Ooh! I'm getting the next round. Just take a sec, pull yourselves together" she goes to the bartender "Another round, please, thanks"

"You look like you're having fun. What's the occasion?" Hayley asks

"I just finished my residency, which makes me an official ER doctor" the wolf says

"Congrats" I smile "I want to be a doctor"

Keelin smiles "Well, get good grades and it will happen"

"I mean if someone like her can do it" Hayley says "So can you"

"Hayley" I chastise "Be nice to the werewolf"

"What did you say" Keelin asks

"Keelin, you need to listen to me" Hayley says

"How do you know my name"

"We know people" I say "Apparently your grandma's maiden name was Malraux"

Keelin scoffs "You better back off. Right now" she flashes her eyes

"I wish I could" Hayley sighs and flashes her own eyes

the wolf turns to me as I flash my eyes as well "We need a favor. Five minutes. outside or I'll make you"

once we get outside Keelin elbows Hayley and takes off but as she is coming over the fence, Hayley has us already up

"Do not do that again or I will let Samael hurt you" Hayley sighs

"I'm not going without a fight"

"They never do" I scoff "but sadly we aren't here to kill you. We need you. You're the last of your pack which makes you real special"

"I don't care about your problems" Keelin says

"You should" Hayley sighs "Because there are others who know how important you are. And they will come for you"

"Look, I have a life, a career, relationships. Someone tries to take that they're gonna have to kill me"

I smile "And they will like they are killing your friends right now"

Hayley knocks her out

"Why didn't you let me do that to begin with"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

we're at an old warehouse

"Relax" Hayley says "We're not your enemy; Sam's just a little angry guy. If we had left you where you were, you'd be dead already"

"Let me guess, we're on the run from vampires?" Keelin asks "You have the same stink they do....the both of you actually"

"That's probably because my father is one" I snort "And she's a hybrid. Half and half. Considering she just saved your ass so show her respect or do you need me to teach you respect"

"How do I know you weren't the one that led them to me?"

"Does it matter? They know who you are and they want you dead. The only way to survive is to do exactly what I tell you"

"It's not like I have a choice. Hey, look, I don't know what kind of pervy stuff you're into, but I am not that kind of girl"

I hold up the detractor "We just need your venom. Yes it will hurt a lot"

"Why are you doing this to me"

"I'm trying to save my family. Keelin, the people in there are dying. The only thing keeping them alive is a sleep spell, and the only one that can cure them is her. She's a witch, and she left me instructions on how to wake her up early. The only thing I'm missing is your venom. Once she gets on her feet, I can give her the ingredients I got. And, with any luck, no one has to die" Hayley says

"So if I give you what you want will you let me go?"

"She will" I tell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------