♡13

**

It had been a week or two since their last meeting. Taehyung was leaning against his sleek black car, seeing the chauffer hurriedly carry the suitcase towards the trunk of the car. Taehyung was dressed casually, which was quite rare for the man. Black trousers, a tight beige shirt clung to his firm chest, a leather jacket on, and black sunglasses on his face. He had a delighted smirk on his face as he blew smoke out of his lips.

"Bit sloppy today, are you Jackson?" Taehyung asked his chauffeur, who put the suitcase into the boot of the car. The sun was hot today, subduing the cold in the earth. His chauffeur, Jackson, gulped.

"Sorry, sir." He nodded quickly, and Taehyung chuckled. He loved seeing how intimidated people got of him. It made him ecstatic.

"Taehyung," Veronica's voice emerged, and Taehyung's eyes drifted to the front door of their house, seeing Veronica standing there in a sheer black nightgown. He saw her breasts pressed against the loose fabric and chewed on the inside of his mouth, standing up properly and walking down the gravel path and onto the steps leading to the front of the house.

"What is it, dear?" Taehyung asked, and Veronica walked down the steps, barefoot.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving," Veronica said, sounding a little bothered by this fact. Taehyung scoffed.

"Didn't think I had to tell you anything. You never seem to do the same." Taehyung said, and Veronica looked away.

"Are you going to France? To the lake house in Provence?" Veronica asked, and Taehyung hummed, taking a smoke while looking to the other side of the road, waiting for Jeongguk's arrival.

Taehyung had called him the night before and curtly told him to pack his things for tomorrow, as they'd be leaving at noon. Jeongguk had stammered a quiet response over the phone, but the excitement was more than visible.

"Yes. I already told you this, Ronnie. Why're you looking so at sea?" Taehyung asked, and Veronica leaned forward and put her hands on Taehyung's shirt.

"I didn't know you were... leaving. I thought you were going later." Veronica mumbled, eyes darting to his dark ones. "I don't like being alone."

"You do act like it," Taehyung said, and then took another drag of the cigarette, but before he could let it out, Veronica reached up to press their lips together. Taehyung tensed, blowing the smoke into her lips and putting one hand on her waist.

"Don't act this way. You told me last week you were happy I'd be gone." Taehyung muttered, and Veronica looked up at him.

"I didn't mean it," Veronica said, hushed. "You know I never mean it."

"Then why do you always say it?" Taehyung said, sharply. Veronica looked tensed and let go of his shirt. Taehyung sighed and leaned down to kiss her cheek. "I'm sorry. I'll be back soon."

"I-I don't need you to be back soon," Veronica said, and Taehyung turned around. "There's the wife I married." Taehyung sighed to himself and then walked down the steps of the house and towards the car.

Taehyung felt a smile reach his lips upon seeing Jeongguk looking around innocently, eyeing the luxurious car. Jeongguk saw the chauffer step out and jumped back a little, mumbling out a quick apology.

"I-I thought it was someone else's car. Sorry!" Jeongguk said, and then turned and saw Taehyung walking up to him. Jeongguk's breath hitched at the man's beauty, it always did.

"It is my car, Jeongguk. Ah, you're adorable. Jackson- keep his things at the back." Taehyung ordered, and the driver nodded and took the suitcase from Jeongguk's grasp- which Jeongguk let go of shyly, not wanting to make someone else do work for him.