Chapter 20: Centerfield

I woke up the next morning with my head hanging off the bed. I slowly opened my eyes and heard the soft sound of breathing from the other end of the bed. I sat up and looked over at Louis, making himself comfortable by taking up the entire bed. I grabbed one of the pillows, now lying on the floor, and smacked his head. The soft snoring stopped, and a loud groan escaped from his muffled mouth. I laughed and ripped the covers off, causing him to flinch. Before he could do anything, I happily skipped out of the room and went downstairs. In the living room were the rest of the boys watching my flatscreen TV on the wall closest to the doors to my backyard. They all looked over at me as I walked in, flashed a quick smile and wave, and then went back to the TV. I decided to join them for a lazy morning and sat down at the end of the beige couch next to Harry. He smiled, but then his eyes popped open and he ran over to the kitchen to get something. He came back about a minute later with a small white envelope in his hand.

"This is for you. It came today." he smiled, handing me the envelope.

The outside didn't have anything written on it, besides my address of course. I slid my finger under the flap and cut it open. Inside was a pale blue card with a colorful cake and the words "Happy Birthday" written across in big fancy letters. I opened it up to find a sloppy handwriting I knew by heart. I became extremely excited; so much that I could barely read the card as my hands were shaking so much. It was sweet and heartfelt, something I never usually got from him. I smiled when I got to the last line, looking over all the words once again, but stopping at the two words at the bottom: Love Dad. I really missed my dad. He said in the letter he would be home in a few months, but I just can't wait that long. I had wished for my dad to come home last night at the party, and I really hope it comes true soon. I was putting the card back in the envelope when I noticed a few heavier black pieces of paper at the bottom; tickets? I pulled them out and found a note attached to the front. It read:

Hope you have a fun time at the game! XOXO -Dad

I pulled off the note, revealing the first ticket: San Francisco Giants vs the Los Angeles Dodgers. Thursday June 22nd at 5:30 PM. AT&T Park. Section 115 Row 1 Seat 1

My dad got me baseball tickets. That guy knows me so well. And the best part is: they're first row right in front of home plate. And there's six, so the guys get to come. I looked up and noticed all the guys staring at me, waiting for me to say something.

"We're going to a baseball game this afternoon!" I shouted.

"Baseball? Don't know much about it, but okay!" Harry says and the rest of the boys laugh.

"Yeah, sounds fun. When do we need to get ready?" Zayn asked.

"Well the game starts at five thirty, and it takes about an hour to get there. So, probably around two. That gives you about four hours." I smiled as I heard something coming from down stairs. I looked up to see a very sleepy Louis, still in his pajamas, and his chocolate colored hair all over the place. He slowly made his way over to the couch and sat next to me.

"What's going on?" he said, obviously still half asleep.

"We're going to a baseball game in San Francisco later this afternoon." Liam said from the other end of the couch.

"Oh cool." he said, seeming a little more awake.

"You look like you could use some coffee. I'll go make some." I said, getting up and ruffling his hair until his hand pushed mine away.

I made everyone some coffee and we all gathered around to watch some football (not American). The game ended and suddenly we only had an hour before it was time to leave. We all raced upstairs and I quickly ran into my bathroom, turning on the hot shower. After what I think was the quickest shower of my life, I dried my hair, put it up in a ponytail, and slid on a pair of skinning jeans while tightly tucking in my Giants jersey. Downstairs, I made sure we had all the tickets together, along with some money. About ten minutes after I finished the guys came down and we quickly headed out the door. Lucky for me, my dad's car was still in the garage. The guys all wanted to take a ride in my red Mustang, but I pointed to the big black SUV at the end of the garage; a car that we could all fit in comfortably. I opened the door and quickly sat up in the drivers seat, putting the keys in the ignition. Louis said in the passenger seat, and the rest of the guys sat in the back. I pulled out of my long driveway and drove down the road that would take us to the highway. Everyone was enjoying the car ride. We were all talking quite loudly with the radio blaring in the background. Soon enough, we made it to the city and I quickly found my way to the parking garage for the stadium. I parked the car and we all got out and began walking towards the stadium. Louis grabbed my hand and as we crossed the street. Paparatzzi, finding a way to not get hit by oncoming cars, were running around the black pavement, trying to snap some pictures of us all. Luckily, the security at the stadium managed to hold them off while we waited in line. Once we were at the front, I handed the ticket counter all six of our tickets and he scanned them, letting us all into the park. It was pretty empty, probably because we were still about an hour and a half early. We made our way down to our seats and noticed that the players were still practicing. I smiled and tugged on Louis' hand, skipping to the bottom of the staircase so I could get as close to the players as possible.