Chapter 118

Ke Mei walked to the wall, put one hand on the switch button, and asked Xia Lin again: "Are you sure you want to watch it?" 

Xia Lin's face turned pale but he was very stubborn: "I want to watch. I have the right to know what happened in the last life."

"Okay." 

Ke Mei turned off the light and in the darkness, opened a folder with image materials.

In front of Xia Lin appeared the figure of Song Yan who was the same height. It was the Song Yan that Xia Lin was familiar with in his previous life. 

He wore a neat suit and his hair was meticulously combed. His beard was cleanly shaved but he couldn't hide his haggard and thin face.

In the night breeze, he climbed to the roof of the building, stepped over the railing, and glanced down. 

Xia Lin followed his gaze but after just one look, his fear of heights immediately made him dizzy.

"Song Yan, don't..." 

He stretched out his hand to pull Song Yan back only to realize that this was just an image from the previous life and Song Yan couldn't hear his voice at all. 

Song Yan stood by the railing for a while, then raised his wrist to look at his watch, not knowing what he was waiting for.

"Xia Lin, will you come?" He muttered to himself, "Today is your seventh day. You will definitely be back, right?"

Xia Lin stared at Song Yan in the image. Tears filled his eyes instantly. Thinking of Song Yan's purpose and what he might do next, Xia Lin opened his mouth slightly but could not make a sound in fear. He was trembling uncontrollably.

The pointer on the watch slowly moved to midnight. The long wait is finally over.

Song Yan raised his head and looked forward. His eyes fell on the far shore. 

He stretched out his arms and fumbled: "Xia Lin, are you here to pick me up? Can you...speak to me?"

Xia Lin covered his mouth, tears pouring down instantly. 

Song Yan couldn't wait for the voice he wanted to hear. 

His face was a little lonely and he muttered to himself: "Xia Lin must be still angry so he didn't want to talk to me."

His back gradually moved away from the railing and he tried to take a short half step forward, his open arms gradually gathered into a hug position. 

"Xia Lin, I can't see you. Can you... hug me? You hug me and take me to your place, okay..."

Before he could say anything, his foot was already in the air and then he fell down. 

"Song Yan——!" 

Xia Lin yelled in the silence. 

Song Yan and Song Huaixin finally reached an agreement, then he was helped by Du Lanze back in his wheelchair.

Du Lanze, who's very talkative, is abnormally quiet at this moment. He asked Song Yan if he needed to send him back. Song Yan waved his hand, declined the other's kindness, and maneuvered his wheelchair out of the lounge alone.

After breathing in the fresh air outside, he exhaled a heavy breath, as if he had lost a great wish. 

He had no regrets in this life. 

At this time, Xia Lin called him. 

"Where are you?"

Xia Lin's voice sounds like something is wrong.

Song Yan adjusted his mood, pretending to be relaxed, and said, "Xia Lin, are you waiting for me? I have already taken care of my business here. I will go and find you right away." 

Xia Lin didn't say a word for a while but leaked a depressed and unsteady breath. 

Song Yan felt that something was wrong and asked, "Xia Lin, what's the matter with you?"

"Song Yan," Xia Lin took a breath and asked with a trembling voice, "In the last life, how did you die? " 

Song Yan's hand controlling the wheelchair paused. The wheelchair came to a halt.

"Xia Lin, why are you suddenly asking about this?" He paused, "Didn't I tell you before..." 

"Song Yan, I want to hear the truth."

Song Yan frowned. The hand holding the phone gradually turned white, but he still calmly said: "Did someone else tell you something? Is it Ke Mei? Don't believe him, he is just joking with you... "

"Ke Mei showed me images from your previous life. Are you telling me that those images are fake? You jumping from the top of a building then lying on the ground covered with blood, that is also fake, is it?"

Song Yan suddenly became angry: "Ke Mei showed you that? Is he sick?" 

"I wanted to see it myself," Xia Lin said, "Song Yan, if he didn't tell me, do you plan on keeping it from me forever?"

Song Yan couldn't refute it. Since he had no relationship with Xia Lin, he never thought about letting Xia Lin know about this past. 

It wasn't until an extremely depressed cry came from the other end of the phone that Song Yan was at a loss: "Xia Lin, don't cry. Where are you now? I'll go find you right away, don't cry..."

He had just turned the corner while steering the wheelchair when he unexpectedly ran into Xia Lin who was already crying behind the corner. 

He suddenly remembered that when he wanted to die several times in his previous life, Xia Lin had also cried. It was such tears that dragged him back from the edge of death.

When Xia Lin died of illness, he was all alone. 

He wanted to go with Xia Lin. He thought that no one would cry for him this time but he didn't expect to live a lifetime again and after all the twists and turns, the only person who would eventually cry for him was Xia Lin.

At this moment Song Yan wanted to come forward to comfort Xia Lin, hug him, kiss him, and softly coax him. But he can only sit in a wheelchair motionless, watching Xia Lin cry.

After crying for a while, Xia Lin wiped away his tears. He walked slowly to Song Yan, squatted down on one knee, and looked up at him: "Song Yan, did it hurt? Is it painful to fall from such a high place?"

Song Yan tried his best to suppress his turbulent mood at the moment and shook his head: "It didn't hurt, really." 

Xia Lin hung his head, as quiet and meek as when he was in love with him in the previous life, resting his forehead on his knees, and muttered, "Why are you so stupid?"

Song Yan gently touched the top of Xia Lin's hair: "Everyone says stupid people have stupid blessings. Didn't I meet you again? God didn't treat me badly after all." 

Xia Lin suddenly remembered something, grabbed Song Yan's hand, and said, "Song Yan, promise me that this time, no matter if my disease is cured or not, you can't do stupid things again."

Song Yan was stunned for a moment and didn't answer him directly. He just smiled slightly, with a gentle but firm expression. 

"Don't say frustrating words. Your illness will definitely be cured. It will definitely be possible."