Chapter 69: Ron's back from the underworld

Y/n Pov:

Harry, Victor and I tied for first place with 40 points. I made it back to the Slytherin common room and everyone cheered for me. "Thank you so much!" I yelled smiling. "Three cheers for Y/n Black!" they yelled.

"Y/n that was awesome" Pansy said hugging me. "I thought you were mental letting go of that dragon" she added. "Thank you, I guess?" I replied.

Many came to congratulate me on my victory.  The Slytherins were big on house pride, and having a competitor from their own house was a big thing for them. "Open the egg!" Many asked. I decided to open it.

"Screeeech" a high pitched voice filled the room. I immediately closed the egg, and let out a sigh of relief. "That was bloody awful" a few of them said. The voice sounded like a police siren, or a siren nonetheless. I made it a mental note to search it up in the library later. 

I had left earlier than Harry from the arena and knew he would have been back by now. The twins had asked me to come over to the Gryffindor common room later. The party had finished and I left to the Gryffindor common room.

I entered to see Harry on Fred and George's shoulders. "Y/n!" Fred exclaimed. "We knew you'd make it" George added. George hoisted me onto his shoulders. I tried to get down but he wouldn't let me.

Harry smiled at me as he was handed the golden egg to open. "Go on Harry what's the clue" Seamus said. "Who wants me to open it?" Harry asked. The crowd cheered in agreement. "Do you want me to open it?!" Harry yelled. Before I could say something and save everyone from the ear bleeding moment Harry opened the egg.

A loud screech escaped and Fred dropped Harry to the ground. "What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked walking into the common room.

Everyone went silent. Ron walked in, head hanging low. Harry and I glanced at each other as he stepped closer. "Alright everyone go back to your knitting, this is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in" George said as he put me down.

"I reckon you both have to be barking mad to put your name in the goblet of fire" Ron said. "Finally Ron" I said sighing. "Caught on have you? Took you long enough" Harry replied. "Wasn't the only one who had thought you both had done it, everyone was saying it behind your back" Ron responded.

"Brilliant, that makes us feel a lot better" Harry replied. "Yea, thanks Ron" I replied. "At least I warned you both about the dragons" Ron stated. "Hagrid warned us about the dragons" I replied. "No, no I did, don't you remember?" Ron asked

"I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus had told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you" Ron added. "So what-" "Let him finish Harry"

"Thank you Y/n, Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was me all along" Ron explained. "Thought we'd be alright, after you both had figured it out" he added. "Who could possibly figure that out Ron?" I asked. "It's absolutely mental" Harry added.

The three of us chuckled. "It is isn't it? I suppose I was a bit distraught" Ron replied. Ron pulled me into a hug whispering I'm sorry into my ear. I smiled at him. Harry and him looked at each other awkwardly.

"Boys" Mione said exasperated. "Just hug and finish it off" I added. "Boys" I said rolling my eyes playfully. Mione giggled and got up from her seat.

They pulled into an awkward hug and chuckled. "Looks like Ron's back from the underworld" I whispered to Mione. "Yup" she replied smiling.