Chapter 47

I sit in the kitchen silently watching Theo take a line of cocaine on the marble table. I watch with interest as I see his skin color become colorful while his eyes light up in bliss. I have come to realize the drug addiction of these Slytherins is something they tend to lean on.

I haven't seen Draco do a line in a couple days, but I know he is just hiding it from me. It doesn't make it any better that he does it in secret, but I do somewhat appreciate the action.

My memories from doing the drug in the Manor during one of the betting nights makes my mind race. I recall how mighty it made it feel, but it didn't last forever. It was a feeling of complete power, but it only comes crumbling down within half an hour.

I wish I knew more about their dependency- that is for another day.

"She wrote back." I twist my head to the door of the kitchen to see Draco race in with a letter in his hands.

"Emily?" I ask standing from the chair. He nods handing me the letter:

I would be honored to help someone of such importance to the Dark Lord. I am available today during the late afternoon, I will come to the Manor to see these transcripts you talk of. See you soon.

All Hail the Dark Lord.

Emily Allison

Ministry of Magic.

I reread the letter about three times out of excitement. When I finally peel eyes away from the parchment, I look to Draco to see him already looking directly at me.

"This is good, we need to now think of a plan of what we should tell her." I say handing Draco the letter.

"Blaise has already thought of something." He cuts in. I look at him with questioning eyes. "We tell her that I found this in my library and was worried whatever the writing dealt with could harm the Dark Lord. I tell her that if my intuition is correct, that I will report it immediately. Kind of a mix of what you suggested"

"And what if she makes sure of it? What if she speaks to Macnair or Bellatrix?" I ask in slight fear.

Draco shakes his head, "She won't, she isn't high enough to be able to even schedule a meeting with anyone of importance."

"Seems risky." Theo chimes in.

I nod, "I have to agree."

Draco rolls his eyes, "Trust me, it will work. I just need you to change before she arrives." He nods down to me.

"Change?"

He swallows as his stance becomes uncomfortable, "You need to wear something less...covered."

My eyes widen as I immediately understand what he is asking of me. I am a broken paragon, obviously my trousers and jumper are not exactly what the others are most likely wearing each week around their owners' homes.

"Right, I will head upstairs." I squeak.

Neither of the boys say anything as I exit the room quickly.

——

Draco

"Want one?" Theo asks.

I look down to the table to see a perfectly milk white line set up just waiting for its next victim to swallow it whole.

"I'm trying to quit." I say shaking my head.

His eyes narrow down at me as he crosses his arms, "Since when?"

"Since...today." I try and find any excuse to shut him up.

His mouth gapes open at my response, "Since today?"