7 :: agitation

7

As much as the Knights of Favonius wished to deny and hide the subject, they had to accept that the Abyss was once again, issuing an attack against Mondstadt. Guards couldn't afford to be led astray, and each traveling merchant was inspected with more diligence. A curfew until 2:00 AM was set, gliding restrictions have tightened, and knight training had sped up. But the people were not foolish enough to believe everything was fine.

Protestors, day after day, gradually filled the plaza square in front of the Knights' HQ, demanding answers and questioning if Mondstadt was going to regress into the days when the Lawrence Clan ruled. Guards had to be allocated from the gates to the frontlines of the protests, leaving the city close to defenseless. The captains themselves had to reduce themselves to a guard's duty and patrol the outer walls. Ironically, they had to hide from the people in order to protect the people.

Eula, unfortunately, made the mistake of suggesting they release the information of the Abyss' plans to the public, which frustrated Jean to no ends, almost revoking Eula's title of Captain. Of course, this age has affected Eula the worst. People have accused her of executing these changes, assuming that this was all a ploy for the Lawrence Clan to take back Mondstadt.

Frankly, the city of Freedom was in shambles. Y/N didn't want to hold any part of this discourse, although she counted as a huge factor in the starting of it.

Instead, she partnered with Lumine for their second trip of boar-hunting, ignoring much of the commotion happening back at the city.

Y/N plucked an apple off a tree, about to take the third when Lumine swiped it away and took a bite out of it.

"Don't you also think Jean's at her breaking point?" Lumine asked with her mouth still full.

The H/C-haired girl wavered, thinking carefully before coming up with an answer. "She's... different now. I don't think she's put up with this much pressure ever since Stormterror."

"Probably. I'm just hoping nothing drastic happens. Ya know, one that would require me running around and doing everyone else's errands."

A pair of boars, a child and its parent, presented themselves to the girls. Y/N swooped in for the kill, but Lumine was quicker. She honed the elemental energy in her hands and slashed the boars with a blast of wind. Y/N forgets that when it came to sheer strength, Lumine came out on top.

The blonde headed deeper into the undergrowth, ushering Y/N to follow. But her attention was diverted by a greenish figure out in the distance. Breaking her trance, Y/N blinked. "I'm going to try out a different route over this way. I've heard it's more successful than our typical one," she lied.