Chapter 1

Coulson took a deep breath, "We need to talk."

This time, instead of stumbling, I just said, "Ok."

"I'll leave you two too it." Skye said, and she exited the room. Coulson walked over to his desk and sat down. He pointed where he wanted me to sit. I sat down. Coulson handed me a folder.

"What's this?" I asked.

"The Avengers Initiative." He said. I looked down at it. I opened it gently.

"You want me to join the Avengers?" I said, shocked.

"Not exactly." He replied, "I want you to assemble them again. They broke of after Ultron. Cap and Stark didn't get along well. They fought. We need... " He paused, "I need you to get them back again." I was still shocked that he was trusting me with this mission.

"What's my play?" I asked.

"I've told Hill to say to Stark that she'll be sending someone to see him." He said, looking at me.

"He still doesn't know, does he?" I half said, half asked Coulson. He shook his head, "So... Stark." I began to say, "Does that also mean that I have to get Banner?" I said jokingly. We both laughed.

"Yes. You better go suit up and pack some of your things." He said.

"Thank You, sir." I said and left. I walked to my bunk and suited up, as Coulson had said. I pack some of my things into a small overnight bag.

'I must be leaving today.' I thought to myself, "How am I going to tell Fitz?"

"Tell me what?" Fitz asked, as he walked in my room. I must have said that out loud.

"That I have to leave on an assignment, today." I said back to him. I could tell he was disappointed, "Sorry. I only found out." I said to him. He left. I sat on my bed until May came for me.