4. Distress Call

✦❘༻ Distress Call ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Your faithless love's the only hoax I believe in

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Faina traces the rim of the glass with her finger as she thinks about the night. The night where he managed to get her naked on her own bed. She is upset about losing herself to him. She sighs and jams the drink down her throat and shifts her attention to the lady singing on the stage. She orders another drink and tries not to let the regret creep into her mind. 

The red lipstick on her lips stains the glass each time she takes a sip. The night still haunts her, even in a crowded bar. She is not a stranger to places like these. Definitely not stupid enough to accept when a man approaches her with a drink. The first golden rule when you are alone in a bar. 

Never accept drinks from a stranger. 

"Are you here alone? How about a drink?" The man is decent enough and looks trustable. But that is the thing about creeps. They look too nice to be true. She doesn't turn to him.

"I'm waiting for my boyfriend," she doesn't want to prolong the conversation with him anymore. 

"You have been sitting alone for a long time now. Are you sure he is coming?" She looks from the corner of her eye and notices that he has slipped something into her drink. 

"Excuse me," she gets off of the stool and makes her way towards the exit. She quickly walks to her car and jumps when she feels a hand creep on her shoulder.

"Where are you running off to sweet pea," her heart is in her mouth when she realises that it's the guy from the bar. "We aren't finished here," he smiles, revealing his unnaturally white teeth. 

At the moment, she doesn't know if it's the fear or the only option her mind popped in her head or the trust in him. She screams his name in her head. 

The next thing she knows is Jimin popping up next to the guy, landing a punch on his face and knocking him unconscious, walking to her and pulling her into an embrace. 

"Consider yourself lucky, I don't usually leave my dinner in the middle for anything," he winks. She looks at him, eyes wide and lips slightly parted. He giggles and pinches her cheek. 

"By the way, you know it was hot? The way you screamed my name in your head? I want to make you scream like that," he smirks. 

"Thank you," she gulps. "Thank you for coming," a teardrop rolls down her cheek unannounced. 

"Well, the distress call was pretty serious," he shrugs. She is shaking and Jimin notices. 

"I left my dinner in the middle, wanna grab one with me?" He asks. She nods. She is shaken up by the incident and she wants to feel safe more than anything. She is sure that she is super safe around him. 

They get in her car and Jimin offers to drive. She feels dizzy anyway so she lets him. 

"Chérie?" he says, eyes fixed on the road. 

"Chérie?" She raised her eyebrows. 

"Yeah, it means sweetheart in French, or even honey. Cute huh?" 

She scoffs and looks outside the window. "What were you asking?" 

"Nothing, I was testing out the name. It fits you well," he says. She turns to him and frowns. 

"I already have a name. It's Faina," she rolls her eyes. He just smiles. 

He takes her to a vintage hotel, probably been around for forty years or so. She heard a lot about the place but she has never been here. It's pretty simple yet aesthetic. There is nothing ostentatious about the place but it does feel rich. 

"Is the private dining available?" He asks at the desk. A man behind the desk nods and leads them. 

"I'm not trying to be rude or nosy but can I ask you something?" She says, after placing the order. Jimin looks up at her from the menu, still deciding what to order for the dessert. 

"If you think it's a nosy question, why bother asking?" He looks down at the menu again. 

"Do you eat?" She asks anyway. A smile forms on his lips. He looks up, biting the inside of his cheek. 

"I don't need to. But I do enjoy delicacies once in a while," he pushes the menu aside, now that he has decided what to order for the dessert. She nods. 

When their food arrives, Jimin's royal meal overshadows her Mul Naengmyeon and Kimchi stew. She couldn't stop stealing glances at him as he ate heartily. Watching him eat made her more hungry and she ended up ordering another serving of Kimchi stew. Her favourite.

On the way back to her home, Jimin asked her why she didn't learn self defence. 

"No reason. My mother was too busy teaching me about business and related studies. I didn't even play with friends back then. All I did was study, practice and play sports. My life is nothing but boring," she pushes her hair back, frustrated. 

"Well, you should learn to fight back. As much as I would love to play hero and save you during your distress calls, I can't promise to be there all the time."

"I wanted to ask you something," she says, as they reach her family mansion. He turns to her, giving all his attention. 

"Why did you do it? That night?"

"Do what?" He asks, genuinely curious. 

"That? On my birthday? Getting me all," her cheeks turn pink as she can't find herself to utter the words. 

He tilts his head, his lips carrying a side smile. He bends forward to drop a peck on her lips. She is frozen by his sudden move. 

"Nine more days left Chérie," he kisses again, tugging at her bottom lip and leaving wetness around her lips. She doesn't knock herself out of his hazy kiss until he disappears. 

Then she remembers the deal. 

The ten days deal. 

"Shit."

Likes and comments are much appreciated and fuel to my writing. If you like my work don't hesitate to support me by donating on my Kofi. Thanks 💕

Kofi link : https://ko-fi.com/manvitha_22