Darkness Rising: Pt.1

(A/N: None of the images used are mine. Also, please watch 'Transformers Prime' before you continue reading this story.)

Galvatron was flying just a few inches below the clouds as he scanned the surrounding area, hoping to find a supply of energon to take back to the Autobot base. The Mech's search was cut short, however, when he received a transmission from Optimus Prime.

Optimus: "Galvatron, we require your assistance for an important mission. We're preparing a groundbridge now!"

Hearing the uneasiness in Optimus' voice, Galvatron was quick to fly through the groundbridge opened by Ratchet. Once he arrived at the Autobot base, he immediately noticed that Cliffjumper was absent whilst Arcee -his partner- was pacing around the base with a look of panic on her face.

Galvatron was quick to approach the short Fembot, who immediately took notice of the towering Mech, before placing a comforting servo upon her shoulder. Arcee tensed for a moment before a light flush appeared on her face.

Galvatron: "Calm down, Arcee. Try and focus on the mission"

Arcee: "I-I...thanks, Galvatron."

Arcee offered Galvatron a bittersweet smile before Ratchet opened a groundbridge to Cliffjumper's last known coordinates. Preparing themselves, everyone present -except Galvatron- transformed, and rushed through the portal behind Optimus.

Upon exiting through the portal, the Autobots transformed once more and kept their blasters at the ready, only to realise that they were standing before a large crater. The group quickly lowered their arms and surveyed the surrounding area.

Optimus: "An untapped energon deposit."

Optimus appeared to consider something for a moment before shifting his optics towards Galvatron, who was standing close to the disturbed Fembot of Team Prime. Eventually, he offered the spiked Mech a new set of orders to follow.

Optimus: "Galvatron, transform and scan the area for leftover energon."

Nodding his head towards the Autobot leader, Galvatron quickly transformed into his cybertronian jet form and took off into the sky, hoping to find any source of energon remaining from the crater. Meanwhile, the rest of the group remained on the ridge.

There was a few minutes of silence between the group before Ratchet finally spoke up, his voice layered with venom for the topic of discussion. It was obvious that the medic wasn't fond of what he was perceiving.

Ratchet: "The first sign of Decepticon activity in three years."

Optimus: "That we know of. If they're scouting for energon, they may be preparing for his return."

After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, Galvatron returned from his scavenge with a small pile of blue energon held within his right servo. The young gladiator held the energon out to Optimus, who gladly accepted.

Galvatron: "It's not much, Optimus, but it should be at least another week's worth of energon."

Optimus: "Well done, Galvatron; had you not been here, we would've surely missed this energon supply. Now, let's inspect the crater and find out what happened."

Galvatron: "If you insist."

Not wasting any more time, Galvatron leaped into the pit with the rest of Team Prime following close behind. Upon hitting the ground, a loud crash could be heard from under his feet before a large pile of dust began to formulate around him.