41 - Saturday

Aiden's POV

"I expect your essays to be on my desk until the deadline. If you want to pass the class, that is" Miss...I-don't-remember said, and I realized I hadn't heard a thing from what she was saying. Evelyn on the other hand had been taking notes the entire time.

That, I paid attention to.

I nudged Jagger "What's the essay about again?" I asked and he chuckled. "Why don't you ask her" he said, pointing towards Evelyn. "'Cause I'm sitting next to you, dumbass, why would I ask her" I said, annoyed.

"Hm, I don't know, maybe 'cause she's the reason you weren't paying attention in the first place" I frowned, looking away from him. "That's not true" I said, practically hiding behind my finger.

"I'm not blind, man, you've been looking at her the entire class. Come on, tell Jagger what's up" he said and I sighed, leaning back on my hair and running a hand over my face. "So last night she was at my place and I told her about Cole and Lindsay and all that, and somewhere during that lovely conversation I might've said some not very friendship appropriate things and then we slept together and the next day Lindsay came over so she had to hide and then she got mad and now things are all weird between us"

Jagger blinked at me once, twince and opened his mouth to say something but Miss what's-her-name interrupted him. "Mr Garcia and Mr Black, you're free to continue your conversation outside" she said, pointing to the door. "Finally" I said, grabbing my things and moving towards the door.

Intentionally, I decided to walk from the front of the class where Evelyn and Maya were sat, locking eyes with her in the process.

Jagger and I found ourselves in the bleachers, next to the busy field, filled with some very obnoxious cheerleaders, and, well, Ivory. For a split second I considered finding somewhere else to talk about this, just incase she had gotten herself a bionic ear, but I regained control of my wilding imagination and took a seat.

"You guys slept together?" he said, holding his head between his hands to stop what looked like a forming like a forming headache.

"Is that all you heard from what I told you?" I asked, even though it was expected of him to do that. "Well what would you have done if I told you I had sex with... I don't know Maya" he replied.

"Had se- dude. When I said slept together I meant actual sleep. Nothing happened. Also, I'm hooked on Evelyn so your example isn't valid." I explained to the dumbass in front of me, when a thought came to mind.

"Unless...little Jagger got himself a crush" I teasingly said, making him scoff. "Please, I don't do that shit, you know me" he said and I chuckled. "Yeah that sounds familiar." I said, motioning towards myself.

"Anyway, you're missing the point here"

"And the point is...?"

"The point is what the hell are you doing man" he said a bit too loud for my liking, and my eyes fell on Ivory, who was in fact looking at us. 'Evelyn will surely hear about this' I instantly thought. Jagger came to the same realization and lowered his voice, asking the same question again.

"I don't know dude. I was supposed to be cold with her until Lindsay was out of the picture so that things wouldn't get twisted, but when I see her I can't help myself" I paused, taking a cigarette out of my pocket and putting it between my lips. I lit it and took a long drag before continuing.

"And before I know it she's either sleeping next to me or I'm kissing her" I said and Jagger's eyes widened. "You kissed her too?" his voice was loud and I hit the back of his head. "Next time yell louder, I think they didn't hear you on the other side of the field." I said and he shook his head.

"Can you blame me? There was a plan, Aiden and now you fucked it up! She wasn't supposed to be involved in all this, now she'll want to help and that'll put her in danger" he scolded me and I leaned back, looking ahead of me and avoiding his gaze. "This is about Axel, isn't it?" he said, the name capturing my attention. "Of course it is about fucking Axel! I don't know what his damn plan is but I don't like what I'm seeing." I said, my fists clenching instantly.

I need to hit something. Or someone.

"Are we sure he's looking for payback?" he asked and I scoffed, taking another drag. "Of course he is. I'm not fooled by the act he puts on, he's trying to take-"

My words were cut short when I saw Ivory approaching us. Great, that's exactly what I needed right now. "Smoking isn't allowed here, Aiden, you wouldn't want to get in trouble now" she said, dropping her...whatever these fluffy things are called next to Jagger and taking a seat.

"Trouble is my middle name, White, don't act like you didn't know that already" I said, a smirk playing on my lips, hiding my frustration and anger.

"What are you doing here, anyway" Jagger asked the obvious, I assume to change the subject. "Duh, I have cheer practice dummie" she said shaking the...um... fluffy things. "The question is what are you guys doing here" she smirked, as if she already knew the answer.

"Jagger acted like a dumbass and we got kicked out" I casually said, earning a glare from him. "Me?" he said, making Ivory laugh. "Well, of course Jagger, don't you know you're always causing trouble" she teased and he chuckled, shaking his head. "Of course"

I looked away, focusing on the field that was now almost empty, to avoid getting lost in my thoughts once again. My plan instantly went to hell when the bell rang and my first thought was how much I wanted to see her during the break.

"You know, I was thinking we haven't done something like together in a long time. We should go for a drink, the weekend is coming." Ivory spoke.

"When" I asked, and she thought about it for a second. "Tomorrow night?" she suggested. "I'm in" I said. I can face Evelyn while drunk, right?

Speaking of her, I saw her coming towards us along with Maya, Bailey and Noah. "Jagger?" Ivory brought me back to our conversation. "Sounds good" he said.

"What sounds good?" Bailey asked. "Well, I was just telling the guys, I was thinking we could go for a drink tomorrow" she explained, and Bailey shrugged "Sure" she said.

"What day is it tomorrow, again?" Evelyn asked, clearly in a haze. Why are you this fucking pretty. "Saturday" Noah replied and she nodded. "Count me out, then." she said, capturing my attention. "Why?" I spoke a little too soon, making heads turn my way.

"I have to babysit Jason" she spoke shyly, avoiding my gaze. Great. "Shit, I completely forgot!" Ivory said, frustration evident in her voice. "We can always just find another day. Like today or Sunday, maybe?" Bailey suggested. Jagger and I both agreed. "Dammit, Saturday is the only day that works for me, I have cheer practice and will be beat any other day" Ivory said. Don't fucking come then I wanted to say but decided against it.

"It's fine, really, if Saturday works for y'all then you shouldn't change it. We have time, another day I'll be able to come too, no biggie" Evelyn said.

"Can't you just find a babysitter or something?" I said, really meaning 'You're the only reason I'm going, please come' . "I don't want to leave him with a stranger, it's better that we get to sppend some time together"

"That's sweet, Eve" Ivory smiled at her. Dammit Jason couldn't you be a teen. "So Saturday?" Noah asked. "Saturday" Jagger confirmed.