24- Forehead kisses

That was unexpected!

Mommi? He looked so tiny to even speak that must be the only word he knew I assumed.

But why is he here?

I saw there was a note in the basket. Holding him firm in my arms I bent down to grab the white piece of paper.

Whoever is reading this, I hope you will take care of my child, if not please leave him at some orphanage that can take care of him. I already have two kids and it's not possible for me to take care of him.

W-what? Seriously!!!?

My blood boiled in rage reading that letter.

How can someone do this?

How can people abandon their child?

If you can't take care, why would you even give birth to him??!!

I looked down to the tiny human in my arms, so cute and so precious . How could someone do this to him?

And that too leaving on the street? They could have given up for adoption or to foster family! They would take care of the little soul.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was already 12.45, I couldn't take him anywhere, Lily was also out for some college trip and wouldn't be back in 2 days. I didn't want to disturb her trip but I didn't even have anyone to ask what to do so I decided to take him home for now. I definitely couldn't leave him.

My home was just 5 min walk from here, it was in the outer area . I chose this place because rent is much cheaper here. At this time I knew no shop would be open in this area. There were no 24/7 anywhere near.

The way he was he was sucking my thumb I could tell he was hungry, that's what kids usually do if not crying. I knew because the lady in orphanage sometimes took me to the kid's section where babies were. I know a few things about babies, I loved spending time there.

Adjusting him comfortably on my lap I covered him with my jacket, the weather was chilly, the entire train was empty. Not even a single passenger. I had to get down to the next station which came in no time.

Making sure that he was nicely covered in the jacket I walked unlocked my door with all the things in my other arms. I often felt too lazy to cook after doing all the jobs so I just made noodles for myself but I couldn't do that with the baby. I bought baby food, milk , diapers and a few other things.

He was already asleep so I put him on the bed carefully so as not to disturb his sleep.

God knows how long the poor soul was lying there, hungry and terrified.

I quickly ran into the kitchen with a packet of milk and the baby food.

I prepared his food and just boiled a pack of ramen myself , placing two bowls of food on the tray I went back to the room.

My heart broke just seeing him cuddled up to the pillows I had lined the bed with so that he doesn't fall. He looked so cute and angelic . How could someone abandon him? How could someone be this heartless?

He looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake him up so instead I just took the spoon and fed him .

He must be too hungry as well as tired because he ate everything and not even opened his eyes even once.