Chapter 55

Yeji is still looking around the vast lobby in awe – turning her head in every direction, staring with bright, excited eyes at every item displayed there – when she hears noises approaching.

She spins on her heels and breaks into a huge grin when she sees Ryujin on a pink bike, riding towards her.

Wow she doesn't look a day over twenty. I can't believe she's over four hundred years old.

Yeji laughs when Ryujin rings the bell on the bike's handle and stops in front of her. "A pink bike?"

"Yeah." Ryujin dismounts, kicks the bike stand then walks over to give Yeji a quick kiss on the cheek. "It reminds me of you and how you can't ride a bike."

"Shut up." Yeji playfully punches Ryujin's arm.

"We have to fix that someday. You need to learn to ride a bike. It's a very useful skill to have."

Yeji rolls her eyes. "So you invited me to your office on my birthday only to lecture me about riding bikes? I'm out of here." She pretends to turn to leave, suppressing a smile when Ryujin grabs her arm.

"You're cute when you're pretending to be angry," says Ryujin in a low voice, smirking. "Too bad it's inappropriate to kiss you right now."

"Then just take me to your office, close the door and you can kiss me there," replies Yeji as she also lowers her voice.

"Can't. Glass doors and walls," replies Ryujin, chuckling. "Don't worry. I'll do it at home. Anyway, before we get to why you're here, I'll show you around." She lets go of Yeji's arm and goes to her bike. "Hop on," she says, pointing at the small rear seat.

Yeji hesitantly climbs on while holding onto Ryujin's waist tightly. "Are you sure you can do this?"

"Depends. How much did you eat today?" jokes Ryujin.

"If you're hinting that I've gained weight, I swear, no sex for you until Christmas," Yeji mumbles, pinching Ryujin's waist.

"Ouch!" Ryujin squirms. "That's such a harsh punishment!"

"Then don't say it!"

"I'm not saying anything!"

They then grin sheepishly when their voices echo in the vast lobby, causing the security guard and the receptionist to look at them.

Ryujin gives the two a nod and an embarrassed smile before she quickly pedals away, wobbling at first. Soon she finds her balance and she starts pointing to the rooms and things they pass, giving Yeji a quick tour of her workplace.

By the time they reach her tiny office at the far end of the large building, Ryujin is out of breath and has started to sweat.

"This... is my office," she says, panting. "Get... off."

"How rude," jokes Yeji as she stands up and gets off the bike. She helps keep it steady while Ryujin dismounts then lets her hold her hand, pulling her inside the small room.

"Ta-da!" Ryujin gestures at her desk and walls. "It's not much, I know, and it's super far because I'm just a junior animator but I love it."

"I can see why. Your workplace is awesome."

"I know right?" Ryujin looks at the quiet corridor and quickly steals a kiss from Yeji's lips. "Most of my colleagues have gone home for the night," she says. "That's why it's so quiet."

"And that's why you dare kiss me here?"

"Yes."

Yeji smiles, shakes her head then kisses Ryujin again. "There. That should shut you up until we get home."