ch.12

dejavu.

now playing | and it settles

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: unedited

"You're unbelievable," Aeri seethed. She ignored the heavy, ragged breathing that forced itself out from her mouth, the hands that reached out to her as she entered the privacy of their little backstage room, and the whitening of her knuckles. None of that mattered. All that was on the brunette's mind was taking jabs at the man that backed away from her approaching figure, whether it was full of genuine resentment or truly just to make him feel the hell he had put her through.

The difference was however that she knew what she was doing. But of course, she didn't pay that detail any mind. It didn't hold that much significance to her right now anyway.

"Aeri," Donghyuck warned her as his hand finally caught the small of her wrist. He tugged on her arm, urging her a few steps back before their skin had been harshly detached with one swift movement of her flicking his grip away.

"No, don't touch me right now," She snapped with a raise of volume, shaking up the male slightly. But he knew, it's wasn't his friend talking.

"Come on, Ae, you should just—" Jeno tried stepping in, noticing how the two body guards began to move towards her, and he knew she'd much rather have him interrupt than some strangers.

As the raven haired male reached out and grasped her shoulder in a light hold, it was immediately shrugged off as she turned on her heels in seconds.

"No! When a woman says to not touch her, you listen," The female was too caught up in the flurry of her raging emotions that she couldn't pay any mind to the fact that her tongue formed words to be much harsher than before, and multiple times louder.

It was scary how easily she had let herself become victim to her anger. Everyone hadn't seen her so fired up, and despite the situation being smaller than other major events they've witness her in, she was like never-ending storm— especially this past month.

"Aeri, what do you think you're doing? Calm down for a second," Jisung gave up on moving away from her, and stayed stationary in the middle of the room. He watched as she continued moving towards him, a look in her eyes that evidently showed that she was not willing to stop.

"Jisung, you don't even get the right to tell me to calm down!" She finally made it in front of him, her tone of voice become much more louder and clearer from the close proximity. "But honestly, what do you think you're doing?" She jabbed a stubborn finger at his chest causing him to stagger back a step.

Jisung gulped, and licked his lips. He couldn't see where this conversation would end them both.

"Do you have some savior complex now, huh?" She fired, and with every shot she took at him, her voice became less firm. Her original strength focused more at the finger she poked into his chest, rather than her arguing.

"I'm already trying to get over the fact that some crazy obsessed girl has been stalking me for the previous week and this, them, everything is not helping!" She screamed, her voice becoming strained as her neck tightened and her vein bulged out from under her skin.

Aeri's eyes turned red. In a matter of seconds, her eyes wouldn't stop consistently blinking— in fear of letting her facade drop and the first tears to roll down her cheeks.

"You don't fucking own me or have the single right to assign some old men—"

"We're not that- okay i'll shut up. Jaehyun shut up," Jaehyun interrupted briefly but by the way the woman shot him a nasty glare, he immediately clammed up and zipped his mouth shut.

"—to babysit me without even getting my permission!" Aeri continued, turning her attention back to the man stood in front of her. And finally, he could feel some type of warmth spread within his chest and branch out to every crevice of his body.

His patience ran thin.

"And who said i owned you?" He rebutted, pushing away her hand for it to stop poking him in his chest.

Aeri scoffed in disbelief. She couldn't believe him right now. She could barely fathom what possibly could be running through his mind. Annoyance ran coldly through her blood. "You! And your fucking actions!" She yelled once more.

"Aeri, stop," Jisung's tone lowered and dropped to a level that it had only done rarely before. She could hear the frustration filter through his bared teeth, and body become tense with rage.

Aeri couldn't care.

"What?! How about you stop? Stop caring about me! Stop trying to fix this," She brought her hands up to her hair— threading her fingers through her locks messily to grip at them and tug at her roots. Her throat dried up and head began to pound. And despite her own body telling her to stop, she refused blatantly. "Stop doing things to me!"

Something unreadable flashed in the Park's eyes. Everyone took note of it, however they didn't know what they took note of.

"What?" His entire mask dropped. His previous red like emotions faded and turned to confusion once finally noticing that Aeri had completely given up on trying to stop her tears.

She cried once today, and multiple times during the days before this. In all, she's been crying so much to the point she couldn't notice when she would begin anymore. This was one of the many times she felt numb to the pressure of her tears rolling down her face.

"— you have a girlfriend and i'm your friend. You pushed this line, so understand it,"