Chapter 15

Maingay at nakaka-irita ang boses ni Claire sa kabilang linya. I cannot stop knitting my brows and scratching my right cheek as I listen to her teasing me about what happened last night. My head is throbbing due to the hang over I already expected. And it's not helping that Claire called so early just to talk about these things with me.

"I can't! I just can't, Apple! Did you see the way he talked to you? He looked pissed! And shit, you did not tell me that you two have been talking already!" She hysterically shrieked on her end. I rolled my eyes. Jusko, patawarin niyo ako! Kung nandito lang sa tabi ko itong chararat na ito baka na supalpal ko na.

"And why would I tell you that?" I said nonchalantly. She shrieked again.

"Why? Why! I was the one who shared everything about him to you, Aps! At alam kong nagustuhan mo siya nang araw na iyon! Don't you dare lie to me! I saw it in your eyes. Alam ko dahil ganiyan rin ako sa Kuya mo!" She then giggled like a mad woman. Oh, gosh.

My throbbing head is not letting me process everything. Hindi ko tuluyang maramdaman ang kahihiyan o kaba sa pagkaka-tuklas ni Claire. I know that it's inevitable especially for someone like her who's obsessed with my Kuya. Pero hindi ko pa rin talaga inexpect na mahihiya ako at parang gusto ko pang e-deny! Ugh!

"Tyson has never been that sarcastic and aggressive in talking to any girl, Aps. Not that I heard of. Well, for me, I count you in as a girl. But for him, ewan..." Her voice faded. My heart ached at that.

"Pero kasi, hindi eh! Iba iyong talim ng salita at tingin niya sa'yo kagabi. It's as if he's almost mad at you. What did you do ba?" She asked. I sighed and tried to calm my nerves. I am still sitting in front of my vanity mirror, looking at my troubled face.

"Oh, jeez, Claire. You're imagining things. Tama na at hindi ka nakaka-tulong sa'kin." Pagod kong sabi. Assumera na nga ako ng taon ginagatungan pa ng chararat na ito! Itong lintek kong puso tuloy mas lalong naga-assume rin!

"No! I'm just telling what I felt when I watched you two last night! Shet, Aps! The chemistry! I know you like him and I will support you on that. Big time!" She giggled. My heart beats so loud and I hate that I am finding Claire to be making sense. Tang ina, ang rupok rupok ko!

But then, last night, I have come to certain terms that I will be facing this stupid, unreasonable infatuation that I have for Tyson Echiverri. No matter what it costs. What it takes. Just to get rid of this. Of him in my system. That's the only way I know how to deal with this as of the moment.

"I don't know. Nag-hahalikan lang kami ni Patrick sa loob ng CR then paglabas ganun na. And he punched Patrick! And you know what happened next." I explained. She gasped for air.

"Don't you think maybe because he's jealous?" She screamed and I had to put my phone farther from my ear.

"Ang ingay mo tang ina ka!" Hindi ko na napigilan. Natigil naman siya at humagikhik rin sa huli. Inis kong kinamot ang ulo ko.

"Ay, sorry naman. Pero omg! Kaya pala hindi ako convinced sa rason niya kagabi na gusto niya lang sumali. His girl was not even harassed by Patrick's friends!"

"Boba. Pwede ba? Ba't naman magseselos iyon? Wala naman iyong gusto o nararamdaman sa akin. So, please, Claire. Huwag mo ng gatungan itong lintek na assumerang puso ko!" I said that made her stop doing anything on her end. It went full silent.

"Oh my... Apple. It's true! You like him nga! And I'm not the only one who's imagining things here especially with what happened last night! So don't you dare deny anything now!" At nagpatuloy ang mga tawa niyang parang kay Ursula.

Tumayo ako at pinilit na pumasok sa banyo ko upang mag toothbrush at linisin ang magulo kong mukha kahit sumasakit pa rin ang ulo ko. Claire is still on the phone and I turned on the loud speaker so I can hear her while I move around my cute and small bathroom.