Chapter 32

"I'm back," I shout, as I waddle through the side door that leads into the madness that is the garage. "And I've brought lunch."

Simon slides out from underneath the red Toyota, an amused, yet, frustrated look on his face.   "You really are like a bad smell, I just can't get rid of."

I place a hand on over my heart, not able to hide my amusement. "Well maybe if you hadn't have forced me to take my leave from work, I wouldn't be annoying your ass everyday."

"I'm pretty sure they would have hauled you out of there if I hadn't." He deadpans.

I shrug, tossing his lunch towards him. He catches it with ease. "I'm eight months pregnant, but that doesn't stop me from being bored out of my mind at home all day."

"You spend all day at home?" Hayden pops out from behind his desk, the top of which can't be seen with the mess. "I thought you spent all day here."

"You guys are hilarious." I pass Hayden his food, and take my usual seat to ease the tension in my back.

Months have passed since Simon and I got back from New York. Since then we've got a pretty good routine going. Simon now occupies the spare room in my house full time, and we've got a good friendship going. Obviously the whole 'love' bomb hasn't just disappeared, but in the interest of a healthy relationship, I'm forgetting about it and blaming my attraction towards him on pregnancy hormones.

Doesn't make watching girls flirting with him any easier.

And no ones exactly jumping to flirt with an eight months pregnant, emotionally taken, blonde.

In the meantime, Simon and I cleared out one of my storage rooms and designed a gender neutral nursery for the baby. Olivia and Abi helped me paint on their respective days off, while Simon was busy getting his business off the ground and right now his hard work has paid off. 

"You taking lunch?" I ask Simon, when he doesn't get up from his current position

"Once I get this finished."

"And you say I'm the work addict." I roll my eyes, playfully.

Simon laughs and with a shake of his head, he rolls back underneath the Toyota. With no more talk, the garages silence is consumed by both Simon and Harrison doing their separate tasks.

My phone ringing a few minutes later pulls my attention from my salad bowl.

"Hey," I put the phone to my ear, after seeing Liv's name flashing on my screen. "What's up?"

"Not much." Comes Liv's response. "Theo and I were thinking of having a barbecue tonight if you and Simon want to come."

"Sounds good to me." I take a sip of water. "Can't promise I'll be much fun though. All I do lately is complain."